Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
npmurray
Contributor II
Contributor II

Qlik Sense with OKta and IIS Proxy

HI,

I’m trying to implement Okta into our Qlik Sense environment and having some issues.

We have an IIS Proxy server in front of our Qlik environment.  I’ve setup both Okta and Qlik after following the video on how to do this.  The issue I’m facing is that once I authenticate in Okta I’m not being redirected back to Qlik. Well I am but I not think the IIS proxy server knows what to do with the request.

I’ve set up the IIS URL rule to direct user to Okta and the works ok but I’m not sure that else I need to do.

Anyone got any advice on what rule I need to setup to allow the hub to display.

Thanks

Labels (2)
4 Replies
Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

I am confused by what you're expecting IIS to do in this design. What's the point of it?

npmurray
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

We use IIS proxy so we only need to expose port 80/443 to the internet.
Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

If you're purely using IIS as a reverse proxy then this style of setup ought to work: https://support.qlik.com/articles/000043332. Although on versions of Qlik Sense since April 2018 you only need 80/443 exposed so IIS doesn't accomplish much other than perhaps living in a DMZ and acting as a reverse proxy.

npmurray
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Levi,

Many thanks for this, just what I needed.

We are curretnly on November 2017 version but are planning to upgrade to November 2018 shortly.  Will review the need for a Proxy server sitting in front of Qlik then.