Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ulviyya
Contributor II
Contributor II

Qlik sense cannot find associations between Excel file and DWH table

Hello everybody!

Today I have created my first app in Qlik Sense and I got stuck from the beginning. Part of my data comes from a table in DWH and another part let say segmentation for each customer comes from excel file. I have uploaded both in app but Qlik cannot find associations between the client ID columns. I have typed associations manually but when I come to analysis tab and start to add charts and filters, filters work only if dimensions and measures are from the same table. I thought maybe client ID, which is depicted as a number is in text format in DWH table and numeric in excel and tried to add calculated field changing the format. It didn't work.

Please help!

Labels (2)
4 Replies
AdiPai
Creator II
Creator II

can you check if the field names are matching between the 2 sources ? 

Try to rename the fields with something like CUSTOMER_ID from both sources .. to ensure that no blank spaces or capitilizations are causing this issue .

Ulviyya
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hello,

Thank you for response.

I have renamed the column name in excel to match DWH table and the ID column in DWH automatically added name of the table to the column name. I don't think it is name problem. When I look on both tables in associations  I can see that  numbers in one table are aligned to the left and in another to right. Maybe there is a way to adjust format of ID for excel in script editor?

AdiPai
Creator II
Creator II

Since they are differnet sources , there can be a possibility of leading blank spaces or leading 0s in one of the data set that is causing the data to mismatch . 

can you check the number of characters in each data source ? 

RIGHT - LEFT - TRIM ..are the kind of functions we usually use to make them equal .. can you share the application ?

Ulviyya
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I have left joined both sources in script editor. So far it works. Need to check if all the data is there. Thank you very much for your help.