cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rivenbryan
Contributor
Contributor

QlikSense Advanced Mapping

Hi, I'm very new to qliksense and am really interested in the QlikSense Mapping. I do not own any license to GeoAnalytics or other paid Map Extension. Are there any tutorials to help me achieve a more advanced mapping? Like maybe adding a function such as a button to my map and when clicked, it shows an animation of the map? 

Thank you so much.

3 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can't do advanced mapping in QS without GeoAnalytics or another third party extension. And even with GeoAnalytics you can't add buttons to the map objects to animate it. You need to write your own custom extension for that.

There is an animation extension (https://github.com/LorisLombardo87/qlikAnimator) that may be of interest to you. It runs through values of a field selecting each value in turn. If you use that in combination with a map you'll get an animation of the map as it changes with the selections applied. 

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
rivenbryan
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hey, do you know how to use QlikAnimator? Would like some help. So, yeah, I'm not sure what should i add into Dimension. Would be nice if you could help me a little.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

I don't know the extension. But I assume you put a dimension into the Dimension setting so the extension can iterate over the field values of the dimension, selecting each one in turn.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand