Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adamgaox
Creator
Creator

QlikSense Desktop Version And QlikSense Server Version Upgrade Impacts

Hi Guys,

I have two questions about QlikSense Desktop upgrading, the business scenario as below:

I'm using QlikSense Desktop 2017 to develop dashboard. The dashboard will be deploy on QlikSense Server.

Since 2019 my QlikSense Desktop alert the message : Your Qlik Sense Desktop edition expired.

So I'm upgrading my QlikSense Desktop.

The question is coming:

Will I meet any errors when I open my 2017 Qlik Sense Desktop qvf apps with upgrading 2019 Qlik Sense Desktop?

Will I meet any issues when I deploy the 2019 Qlik Sense Desktop qvf on QlikSense Server?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Vegar
MVP
MVP

You won't have any big issues with opening QS 2017 files with QS 2019 as Qlik Sense is (for the most*) backward compatible.

You should however consider upgrading your server at the same time as Qlik recommend using the same version number and I don't think they can garantee forward compability to the same extent as backward.

* I've had issues with expressions using SET modifiers on dual values for some of my upgrades the last year.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Vegar
MVP
MVP

You won't have any big issues with opening QS 2017 files with QS 2019 as Qlik Sense is (for the most*) backward compatible.

You should however consider upgrading your server at the same time as Qlik recommend using the same version number and I don't think they can garantee forward compability to the same extent as backward.

* I've had issues with expressions using SET modifiers on dual values for some of my upgrades the last year.