cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

QlikSense - Error binary loading a QlikView Model

Hi,

I trying to binary load an existing QlikView Model into Qliksense so both our QlikView and Qliksense apps have the same model.

Previously it used to work but now, im having this error when loading.

also every time i  create a connection, it always append my user name in parenthesis. ex: Alumni_Analytics (ad_admuser).

Is there a waye to disable it?

Many thanks.

=======================================================

Started loading data

Binary 'lib://Alumni_Analytics (ad_admuser)/AlumniAnalyticsDataModel.qvw'

The following error occurred:

Cannot open file: 'lib://QVW_Dashboard/Alumni Analytics Data Model.qvw'

The error occurred here:

[Alumni Analytics Data Model]: LOAD [@1] FROM [lib://QVW_Dashboard/Alumni Analytics Data Model.qvw] (txt, codepage is 1252, no labels, delimiter is '\t', msq)

Data has not been loaded. Please correct the error and try loading again.

=================================================================
4 Replies
agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

you can rename a data connection through the QMC.

check your qvw document name, is it AlumniAnalyticsDataModel.qvw or Alumni Analytics Data Model.qvw ?

I hope it helps.

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The binary load worked. The error is in a subsequent LOAD statement.

1. Perhaps this:

lib://Alumni_Analytics (ad_admuser)/QVW_Dashboard/Alumni Anal...

2. The LOAD statement references a qvw but your qualifier imply a text file. So I think your file name is also incorrect

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Andrea, thanks for the tip, I've managed to rename the connection

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

hi,

I am able to load it successfully. From the error message, it's looking for a connection QVW_Dashboard.

I remembered i have first created this QlikSense app using a data connection QVW_Dashboard to load a QlikView Model.

Now, I just restored this Qliksense qvf file to our new server and update it's source by loading the latest QlikView model using a new connection Alumni_Analytics.

I think the connection QVW_Dashboard is somehow embedded in my qliksense app although it's no longer exists.

Is there a way to update or remove this connection so my Qliksense app will now extract using the new connection Alumni_Analytics?

Many thanks for any help.