Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Marcoimp
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

QlikSense Memory Issues?

I try loading 8 qvd files totally 1,2GB, my PC has 8GB with 4GB available. I Can't. I get no errors and no log messages, it simply exits saying "Data are loaded. Correct the error and retry to load" (!!!!??).

If I reduce qvd files I load correctly to the end.

If I transform, my ETL script in qlikview, I load everything with no errors....

Is there maybe some issue in Qliksense memory management?

M.Imperiale
6 Replies
Not applicable

Just guessing

.... Synthetic Keys ??

Are those QlikView or Qlik Sense QVD´s ?

How does your Loadscript look ? Example ?

Are you joining Data in your script ? is there maybe a wrong join which produces a carteasian product ?

etc. ?

Please Provide more information.

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

Your load script may require more memory than the 1.2GB in your source data, depending on what you are doing in the load script. Joins will always require additional memory to construct the join and if your data set is large, this memory might be large. So I cant really much advice apart from reducing the data size (by eliminating unused fields,especially ones with a high cardinality) or reducing the scope (date range, or partitioning the model into one per region) or increasing the memory.

HTH

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Marcoimp
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi and thank you,

I'm using the script provided by QVSources examples exactly as they give for Google Analitycs Connector.

There aren't synthetic keys, those QVD are Qlik Sense, the core of the script looks like:

Main:

Load a,b,c,d,e,f,g from .\filename*.qvd

(after a long series of script lines in order to build those QVDs).

There aren't cartesian products, and, if I copy the script in QlikView I don't have any issue.

The mistery is the error message: "Data are loaded. Correct the error and retry to load."

M.Imperiale
Marcoimp
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

I allready have deleted all fields I can; i can see my memory usage remains allways under a warning limit while it is loading datas....

M.Imperiale
Not applicable

I didn´t have one of those errors in Qlik Sense yet, but i remeber those "cryptic" error messages from QlikView.

In most of the times it hat to do with syntax failures which weren´t shown in the error messagen. For example, i didn´t have all necessary fields in a group by statement, problems with nested load statements (called a field by a wrong name etc.). Those failures didn´t produce a nice and readable error message, just an "error" like this.

Do you drop all tables after you don´t need them anymore ?  Like tabels for transformations etc.. Did you check with Task Manager or other tools if really the RAM is the Problem ? Because if you don´t get a black screen in the end because you´re RAM is full, i don´t really think so.

Marcoimp
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

If I load a subset of data, everything go succesfully...

I drop every temporary table, anyway, if I copy the script and I run it in QlikView, it works perfectly with no issues.

M.Imperiale