Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hussaina1
Contributor II
Contributor II

QlikSense Section Access Issue

Hi,

1. When using section access and providing "ADMIN" access with below details I am able to access only the FR level details where in the flag is "INCLUDE_ALL"

ACCESSNTNAMEMARKETFLAG
ADMINAFRINCLUDE_ALL

2. In below case, when providing "ADMIN" access where there are no records with flag "INCLUDE_ALL" against FR, I am able to see all the data for all the markets in dashboard.

ACCESSNTNAMEMARKETFLAG
ADMINAFRINCLUDE_ALL

3.  Using the same case as above, when providing "USER" access where there are no records with flag "INCLUDE_ALL" against FR, I am unable to access the application and I get the message as "Access denied".

ACCESSNTNAMEMARKETFLAG
USERAFRINCLUDE_ALL

Can anyone please explain how the ADMIN and USER level access is comprehended in the above cases.

Thank you.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

That is how the section access is deigned to work. ADMIN users can always open the document, either respecting the SA filter if possible, or ignoring it if not. This helps protects the admin user from being locked out of the document by accident.

USER users cannot access the document at all if the SA filter returns no data.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein

View solution in original post

2 Replies
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

That is how the section access is deigned to work. ADMIN users can always open the document, either respecting the SA filter if possible, or ignoring it if not. This helps protects the admin user from being locked out of the document by accident.

USER users cannot access the document at all if the SA filter returns no data.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Hussaina1
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you for your response.

Just wanted to confirm if there is no SA filter possible for ADMIN then will they be able to see the entire data in the Qlik application?