cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jonbmorrison
Contributor III
Contributor III

QlikSense Sharepoint List import- only getting 1st 30 rows

I have successfully linked to several internal SharePoint lists.

My issue is that my sharepoint lists paginate after 30 rows and the remaining rows are on subsequent pages.

Sense imports the 1st 30 rows successfully and not the rest of the list.

How do I get the remaining rows from the list?

I tried datasheet view inside SharePoint - no joy.

I'd like not to have to export the list to excel and then import - as that defeats the ability for user self service refreshes.

I've looked at a few threads on a similar vein, but don't see a solution that addresses this.

How to read sharepoint list source in qlik sense | Qlik Community

How to Import data file from Sharepoint in Qlik... | Qlik Community

and even a View thread....

Getting Data from SharePoint List to QlikView from QlikView tool

Suggestions most appreciated.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
karthickv
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi Jon,

This could be because of the setting you have enabled in the Sharepoint List. Request your share point administrator to perform the below for you.

‘Item Limit’ - No of Items to display’ You need to increase the limit from 30 to few 100s or 1000s.

Cheers,

Karthick V.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
karthickv
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi Jon,

This could be because of the setting you have enabled in the Sharepoint List. Request your share point administrator to perform the below for you.

‘Item Limit’ - No of Items to display’ You need to increase the limit from 30 to few 100s or 1000s.

Cheers,

Karthick V.

jtay
Contributor III
Contributor III

Karthick is right - I had this same problem.  Only loaded 30.  I had it changed to all items and loading is now fine.

There is page setting for it but getting the sharepoint admin to agree to load all items might be a tough sell because of a performance hit. 

jtay
Contributor III
Contributor III

We had a Qlik consultant here this week and he and I worked through this little annoyance.  We had it working perfectly in about 5 minutes using this QlikView document.  It works fine in Sense.

Reading Data from Sharepoint lists into QlikView

Read through section 2 - using RPC Calls.

Afterwards, this is what my data connection looks like...

http://myserver/healthplan/home/dept/Admin/reportrequest/_vti_bin/owssvr.dll?Cmd=Display&XMLDATA=1&R...}

in the link, the Site is described like this... /site/...   but to get this working where it says /site/  I needed to change it to /healthplan/home/dept/Admin/reportrequest/    and I had to use the correct list information

hope that helps.