Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nuller91
Contributor II
Contributor II

QlikSense Theming - label font color

Hi all

I have a very small but super annoying problem when trying to make a Custom theme for Qlik sense..

As i would like my app to be gentle on the eyes in during night hours, i made the backgrounds black-grey and most of the text either blue or orange.

But the only text i can't figure out how to color, is the labels on the different objects.

Example :

Udklip.PNG

Even the text inside the filterpane is very hard to read because of the background.

Udklip2.PNG

I have tried all that i can think off, but i have had no luck at all with switching the colors of these texts..

Any help, hints or links will be very much appreciated.

Other then that, I am very happy for the new features and updates in Qlik

/Nuller

10 Replies
nuller91
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Update 04-05-2018:

After fiddling around with my files and comparing to alot of other themes, i managed to color the labels in my graphs.

whiteUdklip.PNG

Now i just need to color the Filterpane objects text, which is still grey :s

nonwhiteUdklip.PNG

"filterpane": {

"title": {

"main": {

"color": "@TextColor",

"fontSize": "@TextSize"

},

"subTitle": {

},

"footer": {

},

"label":{

},

"value" : {

"color" : "@TextColor",

"fontSize" : "@TextSize"

}

}

},

Is the piece i have been trying to get working.

i have set TextColor to be #FFFFF / White in the variables section and it is working for my Bar graphs but no luck on the FilterPanes or KPIs..

Again, Any help is welcome

nuller91
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Update: 09-05-2018

I figured out that i could use the .qv-listbox class in my css and from there get the white fonts in filterpanes

Alot of trial and error, but it is starting to look good..

Now the only thing i really cannot get my head around is Empty cells in Tables..

Theres a " - " in the empty cells and they stay white/lightgrey, but all other cells have the colors/background that i have specified..  Is there any way to set colors for the empty/Null cells?

I need to show the empty cells, as the table is making numbers based on Users, but not every user has data for every day..

rittermd
Master
Master

Qlik displays the '-' in empty fields.  The only way I know to get around this is if you can assign a value in your load script when the field is null or empty. 

If this is a calculated measure in your app then you are pretty much stuck with the '-'.  Unless something has changed recently.

nuller91
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks alot for the reply!

It is a calculated measure, so i guess i will be stuck with grey boxes for a while.

But maybe i can start looking into other ways of either populating the empty cells or getting rid of them.  

I am trying to make a custom theme that is easy on the eyes during night time, but i am having trouble colouring specific parts ( as you can tell from the thread  ^^).

I took a little break from looking at the Tables and turned my attention towards the Gauges..

Udklip.PNG

My gauges inherit the right colors and sizes from the rules i defined at "Object"-level, but i really want to change the colour of the needle as the gauge itself is sometimes in gray colours aswell.

I want to change the Needle/Pointer to a bright colour like Red or Orange.

I found a code snippet in 2 different places:

1. C:\Users\*UserName*\AppData\Local\Programs\Qlik\Sense\Client\themes\old\sense\theme.json

2. https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-developer/February2018/Subsystems/Extensions/Content/CustomThemes/...

"gauge": {

"value": {

"color": "@TextColor"

},

"pointer": {

"color": {

"light": "@Red",

"dark": "@Purp"

}

}

}

Since the Gauge itself inherits the right settings, i did not try define much more then the Pointer/Needle itself.

This code did not change anything on my Gauges at all and i am wondering if the "pointer":{ syntax has changed in the last couple of updates..

I would have liked to define the Pointer colour in my .css file instead, as i find using the classes for specifying colors/size more precise and straightforward. But not being able to find any class or info for the Gauge Pointer/Needle, i mostly tried to use the .json snippet i could find info on.

Any help in my quest for custom theming is very much appreciated

ananyaghosh
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

Can you share me with your css? actually I need to know the css code though which we can change the font styling of X and y axis ?

Thanks,

Sandip

nuller91
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I have set this option in the .json file, you can include the Axis snippet for specific graphs or just on the whole object-type level.

"axis": {

"title": {

"fontSize": "@TextSize",

"color": "@TextColor"

},

"label": {

"name": {

}

},

},

The part marked in Bold is what changes the X/Y labels.  If you were asking how to change the font type, i am not sure how to set a font for specificly those labels but only for the whole sheet..

I have been reading and searching alot about Qlik and the Custom theme part, but more often then not i can only find semi-useful information. Any kind of Documentation/Wiki links or updates would be very nice.

I am still stuck with the white/empty cells in my Tables and a Grey pointer on my Gauges, if anyone has any ideas on how to change these please do reply

venkathyh
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @nuller91

May i know how to change text color in filter pane and text color of Data points in charts.

Do you ind in sending your theme?

Thanks in advance,

Venkat

oliver_r
Contributor
Contributor

Guess that I agot also stuck in the same issue as you. I am trying to change the color of the fonts in charts (bar chart, gauge, etc.) when creating a mashup. they are too dark.

I tried to change the .json file of the sense default theme as I have heard this theme would be used when creating a mash up.

But no change.

any hint to what I am doing wrong here?

Julie_Main
Employee
Employee

How did you manage to change the label colour to white?  Trying to do that myself .. Thanks!