Qlik Community

New to Qlik Sense

Discussion board where members can get started with Qlik Sense.

nuller91
New Contributor

QlikSense Theming - label font color

Hi all

I have a very small but super annoying problem when trying to make a Custom theme for Qlik sense..

As i would like my app to be gentle on the eyes in during night hours, i made the backgrounds black-grey and most of the text either blue or orange.

But the only text i can't figure out how to color, is the labels on the different objects.

Example :

Udklip.PNG

Even the text inside the filterpane is very hard to read because of the background.

Udklip2.PNG

I have tried all that i can think off, but i have had no luck at all with switching the colors of these texts..

Any help, hints or links will be very much appreciated.

Other then that, I am very happy for the new features and updates in Qlik

/Nuller

8 Replies
nuller91
New Contributor

Re: QlikSense Theming - label font color

Update 04-05-2018:

After fiddling around with my files and comparing to alot of other themes, i managed to color the labels in my graphs.

whiteUdklip.PNG

Now i just need to color the Filterpane objects text, which is still grey :s

nonwhiteUdklip.PNG

"filterpane": {

"title": {

"main": {

"color": "@TextColor",

"fontSize": "@TextSize"

},

"subTitle": {

},

"footer": {

},

"label":{

},

"value" : {

"color" : "@TextColor",

"fontSize" : "@TextSize"

}

}

},

Is the piece i have been trying to get working.

i have set TextColor to be #FFFFF / White in the variables section and it is working for my Bar graphs but no luck on the FilterPanes or KPIs..

Again, Any help is welcome

nuller91
New Contributor

Update: 09-05-2018

I figured out that i could use the .qv-listbox class in my css and from there get the white fonts in filterpanes

Alot of trial and error, but it is starting to look good..

Now the only thing i really cannot get my head around is Empty cells in Tables..

Theres a " - " in the empty cells and they stay white/lightgrey, but all other cells have the colors/background that i have specified..  Is there any way to set colors for the empty/Null cells?

I need to show the empty cells, as the table is making numbers based on Users, but not every user has data for every day..

rittermd
Honored Contributor

Qlik displays the '-' in empty fields.  The only way I know to get around this is if you can assign a value in your load script when the field is null or empty. 

If this is a calculated measure in your app then you are pretty much stuck with the '-'.  Unless something has changed recently.

nuller91
New Contributor

Thanks alot for the reply!

It is a calculated measure, so i guess i will be stuck with grey boxes for a while.

But maybe i can start looking into other ways of either populating the empty cells or getting rid of them.  

I am trying to make a custom theme that is easy on the eyes during night time, but i am having trouble colouring specific parts ( as you can tell from the thread  ^^).

I took a little break from looking at the Tables and turned my attention towards the Gauges..

Udklip.PNG

My gauges inherit the right colors and sizes from the rules i defined at "Object"-level, but i really want to change the colour of the needle as the gauge itself is sometimes in gray colours aswell.

I want to change the Needle/Pointer to a bright colour like Red or Orange.

I found a code snippet in 2 different places:

1. C:\Users\*UserName*\AppData\Local\Programs\Qlik\Sense\Client\themes\old\sense\theme.json

2. https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-developer/February2018/Subsystems/Extensions/Content/CustomThemes/...

"gauge": {

"value": {

"color": "@TextColor"

},

"pointer": {

"color": {

"light": "@Red",

"dark": "@Purp"

}

}

}

Since the Gauge itself inherits the right settings, i did not try define much more then the Pointer/Needle itself.

This code did not change anything on my Gauges at all and i am wondering if the "pointer":{ syntax has changed in the last couple of updates..

I would have liked to define the Pointer colour in my .css file instead, as i find using the classes for specifying colors/size more precise and straightforward. But not being able to find any class or info for the Gauge Pointer/Needle, i mostly tried to use the .json snippet i could find info on.

Any help in my quest for custom theming is very much appreciated

ananyaghosh
Contributor III

Hi,

Can you share me with your css? actually I need to know the css code though which we can change the font styling of X and y axis ?

Thanks,

Sandip

nuller91
New Contributor

I have set this option in the .json file, you can include the Axis snippet for specific graphs or just on the whole object-type level.

"axis": {

"title": {

"fontSize": "@TextSize",

"color": "@TextColor"

},

"label": {

"name": {

}

},

},

The part marked in Bold is what changes the X/Y labels.  If you were asking how to change the font type, i am not sure how to set a font for specificly those labels but only for the whole sheet..

I have been reading and searching alot about Qlik and the Custom theme part, but more often then not i can only find semi-useful information. Any kind of Documentation/Wiki links or updates would be very nice.

I am still stuck with the white/empty cells in my Tables and a Grey pointer on my Gauges, if anyone has any ideas on how to change these please do reply

venkathyh
New Contributor

Hi @nuller91

May i know how to change text color in filter pane and text color of Data points in charts.

Do you ind in sending your theme?

Thanks in advance,

Venkat

oliver_r
New Contributor

Guess that I agot also stuck in the same issue as you. I am trying to change the color of the fonts in charts (bar chart, gauge, etc.) when creating a mashup. they are too dark.

I tried to change the .json file of the sense default theme as I have heard this theme would be used when creating a mash up.

But no change.

any hint to what I am doing wrong here?

Community Browser