Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ndeeleysww
Creator
Creator

QlikSense as Display Board

Hi all,

My client loves QlikSense, but wants to use one app as a general display board to show to staff on a monitor in a service centre. The display would show aggregated measures for service handling.

My questions are if this is possible in Sense, how licensing would work in this instance, and how the display can be refreshed without time out.

I'm guessing I will probably have to create a web page and add Sense measures as a mash-up, but if it can be done within Sense itself that would be useful to know.

Cheers

Neil

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
reddy-s
Master II
Master II

HI Neil,

If I understood your requirement right, you are looking to have some KPI's on a single sheet and display it on a monitor.

If so, its better to build a Mashup and make use of intuitive visualizations and extension objects to demonstrate what qliksense is capable of.

Also, coming to the license model and data refresh, you will have to go with the enterprise version to schedule data refreshes and it cannot be done on the desktop version. There are 2 types of Token in Sense. 1 - 24/7 user called the Named User Token and 2) the Login access token - where one token is split into 10 hours and can be used over a course of 28 days.

Thanks,

Sangram

View solution in original post

5 Replies
reddy-s
Master II
Master II

HI Neil,

If I understood your requirement right, you are looking to have some KPI's on a single sheet and display it on a monitor.

If so, its better to build a Mashup and make use of intuitive visualizations and extension objects to demonstrate what qliksense is capable of.

Also, coming to the license model and data refresh, you will have to go with the enterprise version to schedule data refreshes and it cannot be done on the desktop version. There are 2 types of Token in Sense. 1 - 24/7 user called the Named User Token and 2) the Login access token - where one token is split into 10 hours and can be used over a course of 28 days.

Thanks,

Sangram

ndeeleysww
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Sangram,

I guessed that would be the case - I'll investigate the mashups capability in the dev hub, and advise that my client will need a Named User Token to power the display board.

Thanks for the advice!

Cheers

Neil

ErikWetterberg

Hi,

An easy way to make the refresh work is to specify a refresh interval in your mashups html file, something like this:

<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="300">

Hope this helps

Erik

ndeeleysww
Creator
Creator
Author

Brilliant and easy – thanks Erik!

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Always Welcome!