Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nikola1
Contributor II
Contributor II

QlikSense installation corrupted

Hello,

I need help. Today I tried to upgrade QlikSense server from May 2021 to August 2021 and I got the following message:

nikola1_0-1632031304617.png

Looks like QlikSense is not detected on Server even it is there and QMC and Hub works ok, and when I open Control Panel > Programs and Features  QlikSense May 2021 is there:

nikola1_1-1632031601512.png

Also I checked Antivirus and it did not reported anything and tried to run installation while Antivirus was off, but no luck. I run the same installation file on our Development QlikSense server which was also with QlikSense May 2021 version and upgrade worked ok, so installation should not be an issue. Don`t see why this is not working on our production server.

QlikSense is running on Windows Server 2016 Standard.

Do you know how can I resolve this issue?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Nikola

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
nikola1
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hello @Vikram_Jayakumar I finally solved it! So I tried a lot of stuff, like to continue to August upgrade, run repair, etc... but nothing... (it have even show after upgrade that August version was corrupted) finally I decided to uninstall QlikSense server and I unchecked following while going trough uninstall process: "Remove Qlik Sense demo apps, database, certificates and data folders"...

nikola1_0-1632667042952.png

I was also not able to run Uninstall from Control Panel and had to run Qlik Sense May 2021 setup.exe to get possibility to uninstall it:

nikola1_1-1632667118943.png

This options saved me a lot of time to restore all back... so I did it like that and when uninstalled it I run install again... Install have detected DB and I placed new installed qlik to existing path and when installation was done all was revert (QMC settings, Security rules, certificates, DB, etc...)... so was really great that nothing was lost... Now all is working as expected.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Vikram_Jayakumar

Hi Nikola

What happens if you ignore the warnings and proceed further by clicking next ? the first warning message can be ignored since there is a change in the version of Postgres used from 9.6 to 12.5 in the latest versions.

I would recommend that you can try manually shutting down all the services expect for database and try upgrade 

Regards

If a post helps to resolve your issue, please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT.
nikola1
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hello @Vikram_Jayakumar I finally solved it! So I tried a lot of stuff, like to continue to August upgrade, run repair, etc... but nothing... (it have even show after upgrade that August version was corrupted) finally I decided to uninstall QlikSense server and I unchecked following while going trough uninstall process: "Remove Qlik Sense demo apps, database, certificates and data folders"...

nikola1_0-1632667042952.png

I was also not able to run Uninstall from Control Panel and had to run Qlik Sense May 2021 setup.exe to get possibility to uninstall it:

nikola1_1-1632667118943.png

This options saved me a lot of time to restore all back... so I did it like that and when uninstalled it I run install again... Install have detected DB and I placed new installed qlik to existing path and when installation was done all was revert (QMC settings, Security rules, certificates, DB, etc...)... so was really great that nothing was lost... Now all is working as expected.