Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikSense mapping without lat and long

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to complete a project which requires heat mapping. I was just wandering if anyone new if Qlik Sense had functionality that will allow you to create a map with just the address of a location, as I don't have the latitude or longitude points.

Regards,

Holly

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

You can try geocoding via Google APIs or mapquestapi (.com).

They provide web service I guess.

I have a working example but it's a property of QlikMaps so not sure if I can share. They are capable of doing it using the both of the above though.

Supposing you are from an English-speaking country the address system must be neat (it is a mess in Turkey), so I bet it will work.

BR

Serhan

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Serhan, that is very helpful. Perhaps I didn't word that well to save going in to too much detail, just really needed to know whether QlikSense could pick up addresses as I do not have the lat and long values. I need to pinpoint certain areas and overlaying other data points as well.

Many thanks,

Holly

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

You can try geocoding via Google APIs or mapquestapi (.com).

They provide web service I guess.

I have a working example but it's a property of QlikMaps so not sure if I can share. They are capable of doing it using the both of the above though.

Supposing you are from an English-speaking country the address system must be neat (it is a mess in Turkey), so I bet it will work.

BR

Serhan

Not applicable
Author

That's great thanks,

I'll give it a go!

Holly