cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vishalgoyal18
Contributor III
Contributor III

QlikSense to SAP Report Connector

SAP report connector was available in QlikView and from the different blogs i have read, it is still not available in QlikSense.

1. is there a reason for not providing this in QS ?

We are working on an implementation project and client only uses Qliksense and not QlikView. Since they want SAP reports to be used as source of information for building reports in QS, we had to install Qlikview, follow steps to create SAP Report connector and then use this connector in QS as per documentation available.

Why this long route ? @

7 Replies
Thiago_Justen_

Did you try this?

QlikSense - SAP Report Connector

Thiago Justen Teixeira Gonçalves
Farol BI
WhatsApp: 24 98152-1675
vishalgoyal18
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Yes. I have seen this. And that is why I asked question. Why do I need to go through QlikView for SAP reports connection. Is there no direct way to connect Qliksense with SAP reports ?

Thiago_Justen_

I guess not.

Thiago Justen Teixeira Gonçalves
Farol BI
WhatsApp: 24 98152-1675
vishalgoyal18
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Which is weird. Why would Qlik not provide this ?

luizcdepaula
Creator III
Creator III

After installing the June 2018 version, the SAP Report connection appears, however, when I click on it, nothing happens. I am not sure if it is a bug, or the connectors are still not available. The other connectors work, like SAP Sql connector.

The work around Thiago mentioned above worked for me.

Thanks

Mario_Pagel
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi Thiago,

the link doesn't work respectively  the document was archived. Do you know where to get the pdf? Or do you have it saved?

Best regards

Mario

prinzchristian
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hello all,

is the described workflow still possible in current Qlik Sense versions?

We have just tried to create the whole thing as described in the PDF but unfortunately without success. We get the following error message back:

prinzchristian_0-1697707622067.png

Our Connection String on QS Side: 
OLEDB CONNECT TO [C:\Program Files\Common Files\QlikTech\Custom Data\QvSAPConnector\QvSAPReportConnector.dll;ASHOST=XXXX;SYSNR=XX;CLIENT=XX;]

Does anyone have any other ideas what the problem could be - it works fine with the local QV client.

Thanks a lot! 🙂