cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

QlikSense versus QlikView

Hi,

We're currently using QlikView and looking for a possibility of switching to QlikSense.

The point is that we use rather complex expressions and function in QlikView dashboards. I wonder if we can use the same expressions and function in QlikSense.

Could you please let me know if set expressions and alternate state are available in QlikSense?

Maybe, a question like that has already been raised. Is there a full list of functions available in QlikView but not yet available in QlikSense?

Thank you in advance,

Larisa

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
beck_bakytbek
Master
Master

Hi Larisa,

in the case of set expression: is the same, you can use the set expression like in QlikView,

in the case of alternate state: you can use the extensions, but not extensions work well (i mean, if you use the extension on desktop, try to impelement it in Qlik Sense Server, maybe you can have a performance problem = slow speed)

here you can find the usefull extensions: Qlik Branch and here a few videos: Qlik Sense - Comparative Analysis using Alternate States - YouTube and Alternative dimensions and measures - Qlik Sense - YouTube

and some info: like a triggers in Qlik View but in Qlik Sense

Beck

p.s: Nadejus eto pomoshet uznat rasznicu

View solution in original post

4 Replies
OmarBenSalem

The syntax is the same.

Some things are not available in Qlik Sense like bundle load, InputField, Alternate State, Macro etc

But, extensions can replace this.

Qlik Sense is much easier to use and to governe your dashboad (through master items) where you can build complex measures for other users to use with drag and drop.

It also, can prepare calendar for us and by the way prepare time expressions (YTD, MTD and so on can be created by simple clics ! no need to know set analysis to create them..)

It also facilitates the data modeling, especially with the next release; it will be much greater than QV when it comes to build our model.

It's also greater than QV when It comes to Geo Analytics and you could do advanced analytics come June (with R and Python)

Hope that helps.

I encourage you to use Qlik Sense from now on.

Omar,

rohitk1609
Master
Master

Hi Larisa,

In one statement , Scripting engine is same, So all functions , variable , expression writing and data modeling is totally same. You just need to create charts or visuals but yes visuals has difference.

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

beck_bakytbek
Master
Master

Hi Larisa,

in the case of set expression: is the same, you can use the set expression like in QlikView,

in the case of alternate state: you can use the extensions, but not extensions work well (i mean, if you use the extension on desktop, try to impelement it in Qlik Sense Server, maybe you can have a performance problem = slow speed)

here you can find the usefull extensions: Qlik Branch and here a few videos: Qlik Sense - Comparative Analysis using Alternate States - YouTube and Alternative dimensions and measures - Qlik Sense - YouTube

and some info: like a triggers in Qlik View but in Qlik Sense

Beck

p.s: Nadejus eto pomoshet uznat rasznicu

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks everyone!