Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
raju_salmon
Creator II
Creator II

QlikView vs Qlik Sense in data reloading

Hello Experts,

I'm new to Qlik Sense. My organization want to move from QlikView to Qlik Sense.

I just want to know which one is faster in data reload, QlikView or Qlik Sense. Or what are the advantages of moving from QlikView to Qlik Sense in performance perspective (apart from self service, story telling, rich viz etc)

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Raju

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

Both Qlik Sense Enterprise and QlikView use the same core Engine for operations. As such I would expect almost zero deltas on average between the two products for data reloads. 

Beyond the large swath of more advanced capabilities (i.e. mapping, authentication, self-service), there are no intrinsic benefits from a performance angle. Qlik Sense Enterprise's user-based licensing program allows for a more adaptable deployment where administrators can add additional compute nodes on the front-end (analogous to QVS in QlikView land) or back-end (analogous to QDS or Publisher in QlikView land) as needed. QlikView traditionally used user-based (CALs) and compute based (# of Cluster nodes) licensing.

The browser based authoring present in Qlik Sense Enterprise generally is more efficient in the long-run rather than developers needing to RDP into a server to do app development or having sufficiently powerful laptops to achieve their needs.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Tanalex
Creator II
Creator II

We are using both and there is no discernable difference, between the two products, loading QVDs.  The biggest advantage I see is the open/flexibility with Qlik Sense.

Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

Both Qlik Sense Enterprise and QlikView use the same core Engine for operations. As such I would expect almost zero deltas on average between the two products for data reloads. 

Beyond the large swath of more advanced capabilities (i.e. mapping, authentication, self-service), there are no intrinsic benefits from a performance angle. Qlik Sense Enterprise's user-based licensing program allows for a more adaptable deployment where administrators can add additional compute nodes on the front-end (analogous to QVS in QlikView land) or back-end (analogous to QDS or Publisher in QlikView land) as needed. QlikView traditionally used user-based (CALs) and compute based (# of Cluster nodes) licensing.

The browser based authoring present in Qlik Sense Enterprise generally is more efficient in the long-run rather than developers needing to RDP into a server to do app development or having sufficiently powerful laptops to achieve their needs.