Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Robert_UNIRI
Contributor
Contributor

QlikView vs Qlik Sense scientific approach help

Greetings!

I have scientific assignment for college where I need to compare these 2 products (QlikView and Qlik Sense) and do research about them.

Are there any other scientific (or non-scientific) good articles about these 2 products (individual articles) or articles where they are both compared side by side?
Would appreciate any links / info on this subject!

I've found some comparisons but would appreciate any other information to look it up more.

Since I need to try both of these two products, any suggestions on how should I approach this, is it "better" to start with QlikView or Qlik Sense in terms of learning curve? Will any of these products help me understand other by learning it first or they have similar learning curve? Any good tutorial recommendations from community/developers?

Thank you very much! Looking forward to hearing from admins/community people on this subject. ( @Melissa_Potvin , sry saw your admin title somewhere reading community articles, would appreciate help or if you can refer some other admin to help out please)

Appreciate it a lot!!

P.S. emphasis on scientific articles if there are any, but anything will help really! =]
Sincerely,

Robert

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Definitely Qlik Sense has upper hand when you compare these two in the light of visualization/graphics. The main and foremost difference between these two is:

Qlik Sense - is for self-service BI

QlikView - is for guided-analytics

If you want to deep-dive more into it, check: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/QlikView-and-Qlik-Sense/ba-p/1469130

View solution in original post

3 Replies
lblumenfeld
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

What specific comparisons are you trying to make? When you say scientific, are you trying to focus on the features of the product, the purpose of the product or the technologies they employ?

Both QlikView and QlikSense leverage the same analytics engine, so the underlying technologies that make Qlik fundamentally unique and competitive to other products are shared between both. QlikView is more of a directed analytics tool, while Qlik Sense is a full enterprise self-service platform.

Can you explain what specific aspects of these tools you're trying to compare? 

Robert_UNIRI
Contributor
Contributor
Author

It's basic comparison actually, I need to take both products and test them on a example and see which one offers "better" features. By better I mean which one is better for graphical for example, which one for something else. That's what I really need to do in this assignment! So we can say features and the purpose of the product. =]

So essentially what I need to do is - install both products, try them both on preferably same example and write comparison and conclusions. 

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Definitely Qlik Sense has upper hand when you compare these two in the light of visualization/graphics. The main and foremost difference between these two is:

Qlik Sense - is for self-service BI

QlikView - is for guided-analytics

If you want to deep-dive more into it, check: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/QlikView-and-Qlik-Sense/ba-p/1469130