Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Qliksense Cookbook

I am using the Qliksense Cookbook to learn how to create Highlighting the performance measure in a
bar chart
in Qlik Sense.

I have followed all the instructions from page 67 till page 42, but the result I get not proper.

In my expression, it shows Error in expression.so I want Correct Expression;

Has anyone done this exercise too and got a good result? If so can that person help me?Bar.jpg

7 Replies
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I expect that there is a misplaced or missing parenthesis.

But its hard to debug this from an image. Please copy the expression as text and post that rather than an image.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
thevingo
Creator
Creator

Hi

I think your first IF abruptly closes before first '/sum(Budget)' which is not we want

rubenmarin

Hi, as Jonathan saids, there is an additional parenthesis on the second row, RangeMin, there should be only 2 closing parenthesis before the '/'

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I appreciate the solution given by you guys. I got a solution there is only one bracket missing as shown in the following pic .

Thank you

Code.jpg

rubenmarin

Same solution removing the closing one.

Rangemin returns only one value (like Sum), so there is no really need of parenthesis

balabhaskarqlik

It's actually, not missing of bracket, there's one extra bracket, remove that. Do one thing, place the cursor at: before the '(' or after the ')'. It'll highlight the relevant next/previous bracket where it's, Debug the complete measure like this. Then you could identify the extra bracket in the measure. In your expression, in the second line after Sum(Actuals), in the 3 brackets, remove one bracket. That'll resolve the issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you Sir