Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Qliksense June 2017 - Color expression in Map is NOT working

Hi,

I am using the New Desktop version - June 2017 of Qliksense ; as I am trying to add custom colors in Color tab in MAP Object, wherein I can add colors as;

- Single color

- Multicolor

- Using measure

but I am not able to do the same using the 'Expression'. However ever It was working fine for me in the earlier versions of Qliksense.

Capture.PNG

14 Replies
dberkesacn
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

hi, Measure is working with Areas (for example Countries) like what you have now and expression is working with Points (for instance Cities).

Daniel

ahaahaaha
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi,

May be you shared QVF? I have june 2017 version QS and everything works fine.

Regards,

Andrey

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Andrey,

Regret that, I am not authorized to share QVF. as the info is sensitive.

But, it's still not working for me with area layer - map with the following expression. I am trying to fill gradient colors against the count of items in different countries.

exp.PNG

Reg,

Mrutyunjaya

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Daniel,

Why Color Expression is not working with Areas, as it was all well in the previous version.

Reg,

Mrutyunjaya

dberkesacn
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hmmm, in the earlier version you wasn't able to add function when you chose by Measure now you can probably that is why By Expression is inactive... check the pic left hand old right hand side latest  versionforum.jpg

QlikSw
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

We are seeing the same issue. Any map object using color by expression is no longer showing colors, and just shows up as grey. Looks like a bug with the June release

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Actually coloring ByExpression does work, but not propperly.

For example, if you type:

='red'

='rgb(0,255,0)'

The map is colored in red or green respectively, but on the other hand, functions like ColorMix1 or ColorMix2 don't work at all. So typing ColorMix1(0.7,'red','green') wont make any change on the map

Ivan_Bozov
Luminary
Luminary

Has anybody found a solution for this? I am facing the same issue - maps that worked perfectly fine with 3.2.3 are now gray...

vizmind.eu
QlikSw
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

This fix was rolled out with the July 25th SR1 patch for the June 2017 release. We installed that today and can confirm that this issue no longer exists