cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Qliksense .Local Certificate folder not found

HI guys,

I just have installed the Qlik sense server successfully. but i cannot find the .local certificates folder, the doc said the the folder is available under"C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Repository\Exported Certificates" after the installation.

need to retrive the local certificates to perform some QRS API call from the server machine. I want to perform an automatic License import in a silent mode installation, did i need a license to have this folder? because the doc doesn't said so !, please, What could be the problem and how can i solve it? i

i'm using QlikSense V 2.2.

any help would be appreciated

Thanks,

Hassan

7 Replies
rittermd
Master
Master

That is where they are on my server. I am running 3.0.

Are you sure that you can see that folder and what is in it?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Mark,

thanks for your feedback.

i have an other Qliksense Sandbox Server  (with a license) and i was able to find the  .local certificates.

from the other server ( without License) there is no exported certificates folder (so, no .local certificates), this is how my

"C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Repository" folder looks like :

repo.PNG

is this, have anything to do with the license? if so, i think that i will never got to automatically import the License ..

I'll try to install version 3.0, just to be sure

Thanks again

Jorge_1
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hello, I have the same issue with november 2018 version. Can somebody help me?

The problem is when I install a RIM node with a shared persistance architcture over windows 2016.

Log Name: Application
Source: .NET Runtime
Date: 04/03/2019 15:27:15
Event ID: 1026
Task Category: None
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: QLS01-BACKDEV
Description:
Application: dotnet.exe
CoreCLR Version: 4.6.26515.7
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Repository\Exported Certificates\.Local Certificates\server.pem'.
at System.IO.FileStream.ValidateFileHandle(SafeFileHandle fileHandle)
at System.IO.FileStream.CreateFileOpenHandle(FileMode mode, FileShare share, FileOptions options)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options)
at Qlik.ServiceUtils.Security.Certificates.FileCertificateProvider..ctor(String filename, String password)
at Qlik.ServiceUtils.Configuration.ConfigurationExtensions.CreateProvider(ICertificateConfiguration config)
at Qlik.ServiceUtils.Configuration.SecurityConfigurationService.<>c__DisplayClass9_0.<ConfigureServerSecurity>g__ConfigureListener|0(ListenOptions options)
at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Server.Kestrel.Core.KestrelServerOptions.Listen(IPEndPoint endPoint, Action`1 configure)
at Microsoft.Extensions.Options.OptionsFactory`1.Create(String name)
at System.Lazy`1.ViaFactory(LazyThreadSafetyMode mode)
at System.Lazy`1.ExecutionAndPublication(LazyHelper executionAndPublication, Boolean useDefaultConstructor)
at System.Lazy`1.CreateValue()
at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Server.Kestrel.Core.KestrelServer.CreateServiceContext(IOptions`1 options, ILoggerFactory loggerFactory)
at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Server.Kestrel.Core.KestrelServer..ctor(IOptions`1 options, ITransportFactory transportFactory, ILoggerFactory loggerFactory)
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at Microsoft.Extensions.DependencyInjection.ServiceLookup.CallSiteRuntimeResolver.VisitConstructor(ConstructorCallSite constructorCallSite, ServiceProviderEngineScope scope)
at Microsoft.Extensions.DependencyInjection.ServiceLookup.CallSiteRuntimeResolver.VisitScoped(ScopedCallSite scopedCallSite, ServiceProviderEngineScope scope)
at Microsoft.Extensions.DependencyInjection.ServiceProviderServiceExtensions.GetRequiredService(IServiceProvider provider, Type serviceType)
at Microsoft.Extensions.DependencyInjection.ServiceProviderServiceExtensions.GetRequiredService[T](IServiceProvider provider)
at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.Internal.WebHost.EnsureServer()
at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.Internal.WebHost.BuildApplication()
at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.Internal.WebHost.StartAsync(CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.WebHostExtensions.RunAsync(IWebHost host, CancellationToken token, String shutdownMessage)
at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.WebHostExtensions.RunAsync(IWebHost host, CancellationToken token)
at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.WebHostExtensions.Run(IWebHost host)
at HybridDeploymentService.Program.Main(String[] args)

Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name=".NET Runtime" />
<EventID Qualifiers="0">1026</EventID>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>0</Task>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2019-03-04T14:27:15.758952900Z" />
<EventRecordID>12587</EventRecordID>
<Channel>Application</Channel>
<Computer>xxxxxx</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data>Application: dotnet.exe
CoreCLR Version: 4.6.26515.7
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Repository\Exported Certificates\.Local Certificates\server.pem'.
at System.IO.FileStream.ValidateFileHandle(SafeFileHandle fileHandle)
at System.IO.FileStream.CreateFileOpenHandle(FileMode mode, FileShare share, FileOptions options)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options)
at Qlik.ServiceUtils.Security.Certificates.FileCertificateProvider..ctor(String filename, String password)
at Qlik.ServiceUtils.Configuration.ConfigurationExtensions.CreateProvider(ICertificateConfiguration config)
at Qlik.ServiceUtils.Configuration.SecurityConfigurationService.&lt;&gt;c__DisplayClass9_0.&lt;ConfigureServerSecurity&gt;g__ConfigureListener|0(ListenOptions options)
at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Server.Kestrel.Core.KestrelServerOptions.Listen(IPEndPoint endPoint, Action`1 configure)
at Microsoft.Extensions.Options.OptionsFactory`1.Create(String name)
at System.Lazy`1.ViaFactory(LazyThreadSafetyMode mode)
at System.Lazy`1.ExecutionAndPublication(LazyHelper executionAndPublication, Boolean useDefaultConstructor)
at System.Lazy`1.CreateValue()
at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Server.Kestrel.Core.KestrelServer.CreateServiceContext(IOptions`1 options, ILoggerFactory loggerFactory)
at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Server.Kestrel.Core.KestrelServer..ctor(IOptions`1 options, ITransportFactory transportFactory, ILoggerFactory loggerFactory)
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at Microsoft.Extensions.DependencyInjection.ServiceLookup.CallSiteRuntimeResolver.VisitConstructor(ConstructorCallSite constructorCallSite, ServiceProviderEngineScope scope)
at Microsoft.Extensions.DependencyInjection.ServiceLookup.CallSiteRuntimeResolver.VisitScoped(ScopedCallSite scopedCallSite, ServiceProviderEngineScope scope)
at Microsoft.Extensions.DependencyInjection.ServiceProviderServiceExtensions.GetRequiredService(IServiceProvider provider, Type serviceType)
at Microsoft.Extensions.DependencyInjection.ServiceProviderServiceExtensions.GetRequiredService[T](IServiceProvider provider)
at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.Internal.WebHost.EnsureServer()
at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.Internal.WebHost.BuildApplication()
at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.Internal.WebHost.StartAsync(CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.WebHostExtensions.RunAsync(IWebHost host, CancellationToken token, String shutdownMessage)
at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.WebHostExtensions.RunAsync(IWebHost host, CancellationToken token)
at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.WebHostExtensions.Run(IWebHost host)
at HybridDeploymentService.Program.Main(String[] args)
</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

Thanks in advance..

Mirjamaria
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

I had the same problem but noticed that ProgramData was a hidden folder. When I checked in the file explorer to show hidden folders, I found it.

Jorge_1
Contributor II
Contributor II

Maybe is one of solutions. I found that the local certificates were not installed automatically when you install RIM node.  Once RIM installed I'have performed the association from the central node, and then the certificates were installed on the rim node. An important thing is that the port 4570 of the rim node mut be open in order to get those certificates.

arunesh_gupta
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Guys, I am facing this issue in Qliksense april 2020 version. 

I really appreciate your help.. 

Regards,

Arunesh

Jorge_1
Contributor II
Contributor II

Thanks for your reply. Indeed, Central Node takes some minutes to find the RIM node, and as you said port 4570 on RIM node must be on listening status.