Qlik Community

New to Qlik Sense

Discussion board where members can get started with Qlik Sense.

hakkanoid
New Contributor II

Qliksense .Local Certificate folder not found

HI guys,

I just have installed the Qlik sense server successfully. but i cannot find the .local certificates folder, the doc said the the folder is available under"C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Repository\Exported Certificates" after the installation.

need to retrive the local certificates to perform some QRS API call from the server machine. I want to perform an automatic License import in a silent mode installation, did i need a license to have this folder? because the doc doesn't said so !, please, What could be the problem and how can i solve it? i

i'm using QlikSense V 2.2.

any help would be appreciated

Thanks,

Hassan

3 Replies
rittermd
Honored Contributor

Re: Qliksense .Local Certificate folder not found

That is where they are on my server. I am running 3.0.

Are you sure that you can see that folder and what is in it?

hakkanoid
New Contributor II

Hi Mark,

thanks for your feedback.

i have an other Qliksense Sandbox Server  (with a license) and i was able to find the  .local certificates.

from the other server ( without License) there is no exported certificates folder (so, no .local certificates), this is how my

"C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Repository" folder looks like :

repo.PNG

is this, have anything to do with the license? if so, i think that i will never got to automatically import the License ..

I'll try to install version 3.0, just to be sure

Thanks again

Jorge_A
New Contributor

Hello, I have the same issue with november 2018 version. Can somebody help me?

The problem is when I install a RIM node with a shared persistance architcture over windows 2016.

Log Name: Application
Source: .NET Runtime
Date: 04/03/2019 15:27:15
Event ID: 1026
Task Category: None
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: QLS01-BACKDEV
Description:
Application: dotnet.exe
CoreCLR Version: 4.6.26515.7
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Repository\Exported Certificates\.Local Certificates\server.pem'.
at System.IO.FileStream.ValidateFileHandle(SafeFileHandle fileHandle)
at System.IO.FileStream.CreateFileOpenHandle(FileMode mode, FileShare share, FileOptions options)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options)
at Qlik.ServiceUtils.Security.Certificates.FileCertificateProvider..ctor(String filename, String password)
at Qlik.ServiceUtils.Configuration.ConfigurationExtensions.CreateProvider(ICertificateConfiguration config)
at Qlik.ServiceUtils.Configuration.SecurityConfigurationService.<>c__DisplayClass9_0.<ConfigureServerSecurity>g__ConfigureListener|0(ListenOptions options)
at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Server.Kestrel.Core.KestrelServerOptions.Listen(IPEndPoint endPoint, Action`1 configure)
at Microsoft.Extensions.Options.OptionsFactory`1.Create(String name)
at System.Lazy`1.ViaFactory(LazyThreadSafetyMode mode)
at System.Lazy`1.ExecutionAndPublication(LazyHelper executionAndPublication, Boolean useDefaultConstructor)
at System.Lazy`1.CreateValue()
at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Server.Kestrel.Core.KestrelServer.CreateServiceContext(IOptions`1 options, ILoggerFactory loggerFactory)
at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Server.Kestrel.Core.KestrelServer..ctor(IOptions`1 options, ITransportFactory transportFactory, ILoggerFactory loggerFactory)
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at Microsoft.Extensions.DependencyInjection.ServiceLookup.CallSiteRuntimeResolver.VisitConstructor(ConstructorCallSite constructorCallSite, ServiceProviderEngineScope scope)
at Microsoft.Extensions.DependencyInjection.ServiceLookup.CallSiteRuntimeResolver.VisitScoped(ScopedCallSite scopedCallSite, ServiceProviderEngineScope scope)
at Microsoft.Extensions.DependencyInjection.ServiceProviderServiceExtensions.GetRequiredService(IServiceProvider provider, Type serviceType)
at Microsoft.Extensions.DependencyInjection.ServiceProviderServiceExtensions.GetRequiredService[T](IServiceProvider provider)
at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.Internal.WebHost.EnsureServer()
at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.Internal.WebHost.BuildApplication()
at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.Internal.WebHost.StartAsync(CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.WebHostExtensions.RunAsync(IWebHost host, CancellationToken token, String shutdownMessage)
at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.WebHostExtensions.RunAsync(IWebHost host, CancellationToken token)
at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.WebHostExtensions.Run(IWebHost host)
at HybridDeploymentService.Program.Main(String[] args)

Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name=".NET Runtime" />
<EventID Qualifiers="0">1026</EventID>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>0</Task>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2019-03-04T14:27:15.758952900Z" />
<EventRecordID>12587</EventRecordID>
<Channel>Application</Channel>
<Computer>xxxxxx</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data>Application: dotnet.exe
CoreCLR Version: 4.6.26515.7
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Repository\Exported Certificates\.Local Certificates\server.pem'.
at System.IO.FileStream.ValidateFileHandle(SafeFileHandle fileHandle)
at System.IO.FileStream.CreateFileOpenHandle(FileMode mode, FileShare share, FileOptions options)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options)
at Qlik.ServiceUtils.Security.Certificates.FileCertificateProvider..ctor(String filename, String password)
at Qlik.ServiceUtils.Configuration.ConfigurationExtensions.CreateProvider(ICertificateConfiguration config)
at Qlik.ServiceUtils.Configuration.SecurityConfigurationService.&lt;&gt;c__DisplayClass9_0.&lt;ConfigureServerSecurity&gt;g__ConfigureListener|0(ListenOptions options)
at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Server.Kestrel.Core.KestrelServerOptions.Listen(IPEndPoint endPoint, Action`1 configure)
at Microsoft.Extensions.Options.OptionsFactory`1.Create(String name)
at System.Lazy`1.ViaFactory(LazyThreadSafetyMode mode)
at System.Lazy`1.ExecutionAndPublication(LazyHelper executionAndPublication, Boolean useDefaultConstructor)
at System.Lazy`1.CreateValue()
at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Server.Kestrel.Core.KestrelServer.CreateServiceContext(IOptions`1 options, ILoggerFactory loggerFactory)
at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Server.Kestrel.Core.KestrelServer..ctor(IOptions`1 options, ITransportFactory transportFactory, ILoggerFactory loggerFactory)
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at Microsoft.Extensions.DependencyInjection.ServiceLookup.CallSiteRuntimeResolver.VisitConstructor(ConstructorCallSite constructorCallSite, ServiceProviderEngineScope scope)
at Microsoft.Extensions.DependencyInjection.ServiceLookup.CallSiteRuntimeResolver.VisitScoped(ScopedCallSite scopedCallSite, ServiceProviderEngineScope scope)
at Microsoft.Extensions.DependencyInjection.ServiceProviderServiceExtensions.GetRequiredService(IServiceProvider provider, Type serviceType)
at Microsoft.Extensions.DependencyInjection.ServiceProviderServiceExtensions.GetRequiredService[T](IServiceProvider provider)
at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.Internal.WebHost.EnsureServer()
at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.Internal.WebHost.BuildApplication()
at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.Internal.WebHost.StartAsync(CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.WebHostExtensions.RunAsync(IWebHost host, CancellationToken token, String shutdownMessage)
at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.WebHostExtensions.RunAsync(IWebHost host, CancellationToken token)
at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.WebHostExtensions.Run(IWebHost host)
at HybridDeploymentService.Program.Main(String[] args)
</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

Thanks in advance..