Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
praveen1108
Creator
Creator

Qliksense Management Console Task "Never Started"

Hello Guys,

I have created a task to reload the data in QMC and it says never started...what could be the issue..do we have any steps to follow to debug this particular issue....Help will be appreciated..

Regards,

PK

11 Replies
Not applicable

Hello,

Have you created a trigger?

If not, please see the image below:

3.png

In the 'Actions' menu you can create a new trigger and then edit it to select the date/time, as well as its frequency.

I hope it helps,

Estela

praveen1108
Creator
Creator
Author

Estela,

Trigger is already in place for hourly basis but still it never starts.

Not applicable

Can you share a print?

praveen1108
Creator
Creator
Author

here you go!!

Not applicable

What can you see when you double click at your trigger?

praveen1108
Creator
Creator
Author

It says started in but never starts

Not applicable

It seems like you following all the steps, but if your task is successfully scheduled, you should be able to see the 'Next execution' date/time.

Qmc.png

As that is not the case, as explained here, your user may not have permission to schedule a task.

Can you please check?

praveen1108
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Estela,

I have required permissions like contentadmin,auditadmin,rootadmin etc. Still i i see this issue....i dont know whats going wrong..

Regards,

PK

Not applicable

According to the prints you've shared, it says that the task 'Never Started', but the trigger is 'Enabled'.

Have you edited the following screen?

trigger.png

Just to be sure, go to 'Users' tab and check if the user you are logged in has 'RootAdmin' Admin Role.

Anyway, I recommend the documentation for reference: https://help.qlik.com/sense/2.0/en-US/online/#../Subsystems/ManagementConsole/Content/manage-site.ht...

There you can find more details about user roles.