Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
muhammadraza
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Qliksense asking for windows credentials when already authenticated through ticket

Hello guys,

I am facing a strange issue, actually I am using ticket authentication and forwarding the user to the mashup embedding the ticket. But Qliksense asks me to enter the windows credentials. I need to cancel it 3 times to proceed.

I am able to see the charts in the mashup (as my user has access to it and also authenticated) but why it asks me to enter the windows credentials when I am already authenticated?

The same thing works fine with Qliksense 3.1 but both the Java app (for ticket) and Qliksense are running on same machine. For the above I have one VM (Qliksense 2.2) and Java app is outside the VM.

I have also noted that when I redirect user to /mycustomproxy/hub/?qlikTicket=axEzB_FOx8dy6 it works fine (i.e. doesn't asks windows credentials) but mashup it asks.

Is it some bug in Qliksense 2.2 or I am missing something?

Regards,

Muhammad Raza

Message was edited by: Muhammad Raza

5 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

HI,

It must be something with the IIS.

This has happened with me in past. We had solved this by authorizing the IIS pool by authenticated user.

Ask your IIS expert to look into this. Hope he will be able to solve this.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable

Hi Muhammad Raza,

Can you please provide the steps you followed to implement Ticketing for authentictaion in Qlik Sense.

I have found some documents regarding ticketing from qlik community. They are 3 years old and I am missing some steps there.

Appreciated if you could email to me smr12213@gmail.com

Thank you

Santosh

muhammadraza
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Check this link

Qlik Branch

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

This document http://www.qlikisrael-support.com/Knowledgebase/Article/GetAttachment/150/2093783 has an excellent walkthrough the steps required to host a mashup on a server different than QS.  If you are getting repeated authorization prompts, you are probably missing the html redirect step shown on page 17 of the document.

-Rob

http://masterssummit.com

http://qlikviewcookbook.com

Benz
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Hi Rob,

I'm having the same issue as Muhammad.  I realize this is an old thread, but your link you posted quickly opened and closed in my browser I'm not sure what that means, but it does not appear to lead to any document I can view.  Is there any official qlik documentation that can guide through proper Ticket authorization?  Do we need to include a session cookie or is that automatically generated by the mashup when we get the qlik.js with the qlikticket in the query string?

Ben