Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bhaskar_sm
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Qliksense hub Access using HTTP from iPad/Iphone

Dear All,

I am using vmware browser to access Qliksense hub using HTTP from ipad/iphone. its open the hub without an issue but when i am opining any app, its throws error message " Connection Lost", but when i was opening Qliksense hub from an android phone its working fine.

I have tried following things to solve this problem, but problem remain same.

1. Whitelisting of IP
  2. Test websockets-websockets is working fine.
  3. access of qliksense hub using ip address.
  4. success fully open Qliksense demos from iphone.

Qliksense version -Nov`17

iOS version: 12.1

Any help is highly appreciated

@Michael_Tarallo Please help.

Many Thanks,

Bhasker

Labels (5)
5 Replies
Giuseppe_Novello

Are you sure it HTTP / port 80 not HTTPS / 443? because, apple / IOS devices are very picky in regards what SSL cert are you using, and they have a certain whitelist for which certs they can use. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204132

Now, if it is HTTP, then can you try the QMC? IF that works, without any  error, I think lead to believe it has anything to do with websockets. Since Demo site  works then there is something in between the client and server that is blocks the websocket communication. Also make sure that the Ipad/Iphones are update to the lastest patch/version. 

BR

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
Principal Technical Support Engineer @ Qlik
bhaskar_sm
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi Gno,

Thanks for replying!

I am sure its HTTP / port 80 not HTTPS / 443 and QMC  is working fine. 

how can I identify, what's going wrong between the client and server that is blocking the WebSocket communication?

iphone is updated to latest patch/version.

Many Thanks,

Bhasker Kumar

Giuseppe_Novello

I would do in your PC a tracert see all the devices that we touch prior we get to the host machine, and then I would ask the network team, if all those device support websocket. Just to confirm this is not using AirWatch or MobileIron? 

Giuseppe Novello
Principal Technical Support Engineer @ Qlik
bhaskar_sm
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

hi,
they have separate MDM for accessing the different portal from mobile devices, I think this is using Airwatch.