Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Qliksense inactivity session timeout

Hi,

can anyone tell me how to set session limit timeout in qmc?

I need to set limit to 10 minutes.

Thanks a lot

Fra

13 Replies
mohitd910
Creator II
Creator II

In the QMC, you will find a setting when working with Virtual Proxies called "Session inactivity timeout (minutes)".  This is where you can change this.

Be aware that it may affect consumption of login tokens.  Perhaps someone else can address this if you have questions.  There is also some good information (as far as I can tell) at User Session - Time Out?.

Mohit

mohitd910
Creator II
Creator II

A good explanation is in the help of the QMC, upper right corner. Shortcut:http://localhost:4780/QMCHelp/default_Left.htm#CSHID=QMC_System_Setup_QlikViewServers_Performance.ht...

. Yes, it can be done. The QVS should say within the working set limits, so it should be fine. Usually you can set those values to 0 and it should be fine. There are also some more timeouts, in the QVWS and if you are using IIS, it has some too.

QVS, DSC and QVWS additional timeouts (apart from the ones you mentioned):

QVS

Document Timeout    Found at: C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewServer\settings.ini    Default value: 3600(seconds)   

DSC

Cache expiration    Found at: QEMC > System> Setup > DSC@ > Active Directory > General > Edit icon    Default value: 60(minutes)   

Service timeout     Found at: QEMC > System> Setup > DSC@ > Active Directory > General > Edit icon    Default value: 30(seconds)   

Webserver             

QVS Timeout    Found at: C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\WebServer\config.xml    Default value: 120(seconds), Time webserver will wait on response from QVS

Sessioncookietimeout    Found at: C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\WebServer\config.xml    Default value: 30(minutes)

mohitd910
Creator II
Creator II

if correct please mark as correct and close the thread

rohitk1609
Master
Master

Hi Maria,

In the QMC, you will find a setting when working with Virtual Proxies called "Session inactivity timeout (minutes)".  This is where you can change this.

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Rohit Kumar

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

So you tell me that i can set this parameter to 10 minutes?

Is it ok for qlik sense standard application or only for mashup?

mohitd910
Creator II
Creator II

A good explanation is in the help of the QMC, upper right corner. Shortcut:http://localhost:4780/QMCHelp/default_Left.htm#CSHID=QMC_System_Setup_QlikViewServers_Performance.ht...

. Yes, it can be done. The QVS should say within the working set limits, so it should be fine. Usually you can set those values to 0 and it should be fine. There are also some more timeouts, in the QVWS and if you are using IIS, it has some too.

QVS, DSC and QVWS additional timeouts (apart from the ones you mentioned):

QVS

Document Timeout    Found at: C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewServer\settings.ini    Default value: 3600(seconds)   

DSC

Cache expiration    Found at: QEMC > System> Setup > DSC@ > Active Directory > General > Edit icon    Default value: 60(minutes)   

Service timeout     Found at: QEMC > System> Setup > DSC@ > Active Directory > General > Edit icon    Default value: 30(seconds)   

Webserver             

QVS Timeout    Found at: C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\WebServer\config.xml    Default value: 120(seconds), Time webserver will wait on response from QVS

Sessioncookietimeout    Found at: C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\WebServer\config.xml    Default value: 30(minutes)

mohitd910
Creator II
Creator II

it is k with both

mohitd910
Creator II
Creator II

Please if content is helpful or correct please mark it

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Mohit you sent me configuration about QLikview Server.

But I need configuration about Qlik sense Server, so that's not helpful for me what you posted.