cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pradeepruban
Contributor II
Contributor II

Qliksense upgrade from Aug 2021 to November 2022

Hi Team, we are in mid of upgrading Qlik sense from Aug 2021 to November 2022.

when installed Qliksense Aug 2021 by default it has Postgres 12.5 , not installed seperate.

now trying to upgrade November 2022 version, but when I upgrade I am able to see install option only instead on upgrade option.

please let me know why I can see only install option when trying to upgrade with existing Aug 2021  version.

waiting for your kind response Thanks …

Labels (1)
11 Replies
ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

One thing I can remember from upgrades is that you need to be coming from a completely up to date version to skip releases.  So perhaps look at upgrading to the next full version from your current first before skipping to your target version.

R_Mendoza
Contributor III
Contributor III

pradeepruban
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi @R_Mendoza , means you are saying to install postgres separately ?. But I have QS Aug 2021 installed and it has in build Postgres 12.5 configured and also I can see Qliksense Repository Database service.

But in the link provided i can see we have to install Postgres version separately but before doing that we need to upgrade with 

• February 2022
  • May 2022
  • August 2022 
  • November 2022 (does not support 9.6, but will allow an upgrade)

But I am not able to upgrade . Since when I try to upgrade Nov 2022 Qliksense version I can see only ‘Install’ option , It’s not showing ‘Upgrade’ option. Due to that I am not able to upgrade from QS Aug 2021 to QS Nov 2022 version. 

please let me know how to fix this to see ‘upgrade’ option instead of ‘install ‘ option when I try to upgrade from existing server.

thanks for your response.

R_Mendoza
Contributor III
Contributor III

the same thing happened to me.
I did all the steps it says in the link and it worked.
First take a snapshot of the server((if something goes wrong)).
and then first install Postgre 12.5
and then Qlik Sense version NOV' 22

R_Mendoza_0-1675246847471.png

pradeepruban
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks for your response . So it means we have to install standalone Postgres separately. And then can proceed upgrading QS Nov 2022. But I have one query in that case in previous installed QS Aug 2021 I have Qliksense repository database. 

so in the screen shot you attached I don’t find that service. It mean when we upgrade Nov2022 QS automatically Qliksense repository database service will be deleted ?

could you please let me know details on this.

R_Mendoza
Contributor III
Contributor III

Yes !  in the link it is.

Finalizing the Upgrade/Uninstalling the old Database Service:

No further steps are needed unless you plan to upgrade Qlik Sense Enterprise on Windows to the next major release. If you plan to upgrade to, for example, November 2022, the old Qlik Sense Repository Database service must be removed from the server.

Perform the following steps to delete the Qlik Sense Repository Database Service:

1. Open a command prompt and run the command:
    c:\cd ProgramData\Package Cache
  2. From there, run:
    c:\ProgramData\Package Cache\dir /s PostgreSQL.msi
  3. The folder containing PostgreSQL.msi will be revealed.
  4. Right-click on the PostgreSQL.msi file and select uninstall from the menu.

No fear ! YOU Can ! 😉 Tell me how it was ! 

Best regards

Renzo

pradeepruban
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi @R_Mendoza , as per your request i tried to install Qlik_PostgreSQL_setup.exe (first) but getting error like attached/pasted screen shot.

Reason i can see when installed Aug 2021 qliksense version inbuild PostgresSQL installed in below path :

E:\Apps\Qlik\Sense\PostgreSQL\12.5 & C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Repository\PostgreSQL\12.5

So already able to see 12.5 installed during QlikSense Aug 2021 version. So Upgrading to Qliksense Nov 2022 version should be direct upgrade right? Please post your comments on this. Thanks in advance..

pradeepruban_0-1675296011990.png

R_Mendoza
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi @pradeepruban,

Try to install from Feb to November 2022.

if you already have 12.5 installed just install Qlik Sense updates

pradeepruban
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi @R_Mendoza ,

So first we need to upgrade QS Feb 2022 before upgrading to QS Nov 2022 to fix above issue.

2nd yes when we install QS Aug 2021 by default we can see PostgresDb 12.5 installed in previous comment folder path. So only Qliksense upgrade is enough means can you share me link to install ‘Qliksense Upgrade’. Also once we install Qliksense Upgrade can we proceed further to upgrade QS Nov  2022? Please help me on this. Thanks in advance