Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dia2021
Creator
Creator

Quarter Calculations

Hi All,

Could you please help me with the syntax? I'm trying to subtract the current max month Quarter Value from the Previous max month Quarter value.

I have created two variables. 

Let vCurrentQtr = 'Q' & ceil(month(today()) / 3)&'-' & Year(today());
Let vPreviousQtr = 'Q' & ceil(month(addMonths(today(),-3)) / 3)&'-' & Year(addMonths(today(),-3));

but while set analysis at the front end using this formula gives me an error 

sum({<Date={$(vCurrentQtr)}>}budhrs)-sum({<QuarterYear={$(vPreviousQtr)}>}budhrs)

Please see attached screenshot for an error. Can anyone help me fixing this syntax? Thanks in advance!

dia2021_0-1632186566946.png

Labels (1)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Kushal_Chawda

@dia2021  If you have Date field and your Date field is in proper date format  then try below

sum({<Date={">=$(=quarterstart(today(1)))<=$(=quarterend(today(1)))"}>}budhrs)-sum({<Date={">=$(=quarterstart(today(1),-1))<=$(=quarterend(today(1),-1))"}>}budhrs)

View solution in original post

Kushal_Chawda

@dia2021  try below for max month of previous quarter

sum({<Date={">=$(=monthstart(quarterend(today(1),-1)))<=$(=quarterend(today(1),-1))"}>}budhrs)

View solution in original post

14 Replies
MayilVahanan

Hi 

Try like below

sum({<Date={'$(vCurrentQtr)'}>}budhrs)-sum({<QuarterYear={'$(vPreviousQtr)'}>}budhrs)

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
PrashantSangle

You are missing single quote in set analysis. 

Two way to resolve it

1: suggested by Mayil

2: in variable definition, you can add single quote

like below

Let vCurrentQtr = chr(39)&'Q' & ceil(month(today()) / 3)&'-' & Year(today())&chr(39);
Let vPreviousQtr = chr(39)&'Q' & ceil(month(addMonths(today(),-3)) / 3)&'-' & Year(addMonths(today(),-3))chr(39);

& then use your expression.

Regards,

Prashant Sangle 

Great dreamer's dreams never fulfilled, they are always transcended.
Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂
dia2021
Creator
Creator
Author

@MayilVahanan @PrashantSangle Thanks for the quick response! 

I tried the way you both have suggested; however, it's still giving the same error. 

PrashantSangle

Hi,

Can you share the snip of error after both solution applied.

Let vCurrentQtr = chr(39)&'Q' & ceil(month(today()) / 3)&'-' & Year(today())&chr(39);
Let vPreviousQtr = chr(39)&'Q' & ceil(month(addMonths(today(),-3)) / 3)&'-' & Year(addMonths(today(),-3))&chr(39);

I missed & in 2nd variable. also if possible share app to exact solution. try double quote instead of single quote in mayil solution.

Regards,

Prashant Sangle

Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂
dia2021
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Prashant, 

Thank you for helping! The syntax worked with the double-quotes. Now, the final result as output is 0. Could you please suggest to me how I can fix this?

dia2021
Creator
Creator
Author

@PrashantSangle I found the issue. I have separated the calc to narrow down the problem. I noticed that the current and Previous quarter is reading the same value. Hence the difference is 0. Any suggestions on how to fix this??

PrashantSangle

select those quarter in front end check the values are coming properly or not.

Kushal_Chawda

@dia2021  If you have Date field and your Date field is in proper date format  then try below

sum({<Date={">=$(=quarterstart(today(1)))<=$(=quarterend(today(1)))"}>}budhrs)-sum({<Date={">=$(=quarterstart(today(1),-1))<=$(=quarterend(today(1),-1))"}>}budhrs)

dia2021
Creator
Creator
Author

It's not working.