Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Question: Can’t install Qlik Sense Desktop in a Server-PC?

My company wants to install Qlik Sense Desktop in a PC. However, the PC has many server setting (for example disallow local user install software and program, and block saving file in local directionary), such that the install of Qlik Sense Desktop is blocked. How could we resolve about this? The one we can think of now is format the PC, install Qlik Sense Desktop, and then reinstall all the other programs……

8 Replies
ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

You would continue to struggle as Sense is doing a lot of releases as new features, fixes becomes available and if you want to take advantage of the extensions other people have developed.

Attached are the installation requirements.

To use Desktop you have to be able to save files to your local instance.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Local users tend to have some restrictions.. can you get admin rights so that you can log in as an local administrator?

BR

/Pierre

pablolabbe
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

You can try the Qlik Cloud. No software installation, and you can create new apps based in your uploaded files.

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

1. Logon as administrator
  2. Install Qlik Sense
  3. Logon again as regular user
Not applicable
Author

Tried to login as administrator, but some additional exe files were made during installation, such that the installation was terminated in the middle....

Not applicable
Author

Tried to login as administrator, but some additional exe files were made during installation, such that the installation was terminated in the middle....

Not applicable
Author

Not applicable
Author

was it the .Net framework that caused the problem?

Sense will try to upgrade your .net to .net 4.5.2 if you don't already have it. Sense 2.0.1.0 has an issue if you don't have sufficient space on your hard drive.

We had that problem at my company PCs and I had to free some space (about 3GB) then I downloaded Sense 2.0.2.0 and it worked.