Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Question on pivot tables (Total row and additional column)

Hi,

I'm new with QlikSense, I made a pivot table for the scores of each student for three types of exam.  Below is a sample data:

Student/SubjectExam 1Exam 2Exam 3Total% of Overall
Student A55515

15/36 = 41.6%

Student B3251010/36 = 27.8%
Student C5331111/36 = 30.6%
Total13101336

Need some help on the following items:

1. I can't seem to find any option to put the TOTAL row and column to the end of the table, unlike in straight tables where I'm able to choose where I want the TOTALS to appear
  2. Is there a way to add a column to show the percent of each student's total score to the overall score? When I tried defining a new measure, an additional column appeared for each exam type

Thanks in advance!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Think adding an extension is your best bet - Qlik Sense - Pivot Table Extension

The native pivot table doesn't have totals.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi, you can set the totals up or down in the presentation tab.

There is only one Total by dimension, one trick to add another total row is adding  a dummy dimension, check attachment to see how is done.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the info!

However, I can't seem to find the "Presentation" tab in QlikSense.

Will check the attachment

rubenmarin

Ops, sorry, I didn't see it was for Sense, my answer was QlikView based.

Not applicable
Author

Think adding an extension is your best bet - Qlik Sense - Pivot Table Extension

The native pivot table doesn't have totals.

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Qlik Sense charts in general are very prescriptive in their setup and application.

Totals for columns appear at the front of the chart because of the responsive environment it works in they thought the total was important and should always be visible to the user if selected regardless of the device they are viewing the chart on.

Totals for rows appear under the row selected for each column.  They do not allow movement of layout for this although in the latest release there is the capability for users to customise charts to certain extent so manipulating the layout.

Regards

Andy

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Can someone help me with the below i am trying to add the column total for the last column

TOTALS ON PVOT COLUMN.JPG

rubenmarin

Usually this is because of the expression is calculated by each dimension value, you can try with:

Sum(Aggr(YourExpression, DimensionField))

Creating a new question will help to get answers if this doesn't works.

vishalgoud
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Andrew,

Do we have the similar feature in Qlikview, i just want to create an another new column which shows my total for each row..

my requirement in Qlikview is similar like @homar question.

Please let me know thanks much..!!