Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours, March 20th. Former Talend Community users, ask your questions live. SIGN UP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dhowland
Contributor
Contributor

Question on today() syntax

Good morning.

I'm struggling getting my KPI chart to automatically show data for today only.  If I set up Filters and manually select today it works, or if I hard code in today's date in the expression it works.  I've tried various ways to get today() to work but all I get is either 0, or - as the result.  This is what I have currently and it works correctly: 

count({1<[omdDeliveryDate.autoCalendar.Date] = {'9/27/2018'}>} omdPartID)

I've tried replacing the date with: {today()}.... ${=today()}....and various others but am not getting the results I need.  I don't want the users to have to select the date from the filter panes but rather have the chart update automatically each day.  What am I missing?

Thanks!

Dan

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

Try it with: count({1<[omdDeliveryDate.autoCalendar.Date] = {'$(=today())'}>} omdPartID) and should your calendar-date have a different formatting to your default date-variable you need to wrap today() with a date(today(), 'YourFormatPattern').

- Marcus

View solution in original post

3 Replies
marcus_sommer

Try it with: count({1<[omdDeliveryDate.autoCalendar.Date] = {'$(=today())'}>} omdPartID) and should your calendar-date have a different formatting to your default date-variable you need to wrap today() with a date(today(), 'YourFormatPattern').

- Marcus

justinphamvn
Creator II
Creator II

Hi,

Try this

count({1<[omdDeliveryDate.autoCalendar.Date] = {">=$(=Date(Max([omdDeliveryDate.autoCalendar.Date])))<=$Date(=Max([omdDeliveryDate.autoCalendar.Date]))"}>} omdPartID)

Hope this helps,

Justin.

dhowland
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks Marcus.

I swear I tried it that way several times.  I stripped out all my other AND clauses and it worked.  I've added the extras back in one at a time and they are all producing numbers.  They don't match what I show in my ERP system but that will just take some more trial and error to figure out the differences.  Your syntax worked however.