Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kavicsgym
Creator
Creator

RangeAvg with 2 variables not calculates

Hi, could anyone pls. help me out, I found a workaround but this would be nicer:

RangeAvg(20, 40)  is the definition or my variable in Qlik sense, it works

But with a nested expression it does not work, can anyone suggest pls why?

RangeAvg    

$(ePDCA_WSAuslief_Pkd_Total(01)), $(ePDCA_WSAuslief_Pkd_Total(02))

)

Those 2 expressions are complicated enough... how could I pass their value to RangeAvg?????

Thanks a lot! Enikö

12 Replies
sunny_talwar

I don't see a reason why this shouldn't work with complicated expression.Where are you trying this? In a chart or text box object?

kavicsgym
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi, thanks for your response.

I try to show the result in both text object:  'Avg.Pkd/Year - Delivery: ' & num($(ePDCA_Avg), '# ##0,00')

and also in a Line chart (with YM as Dim) as a Reference Line: =$(ePDCA_Avg)

Those 2 expressions have Total qualifier in them, to disregard the Line chart's YM dim.

Enikö

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

Which values $(ePDCA_WSAuslief_Pkd_Total(01)) and $(ePDCA_WSAuslief_Pkd_Total(02)) return?

kavicsgym
Creator
Creator
Author

They give the result of this:

RangeSum(

sum(TOTAL{$<Version={'$(=Only(Version))'}, Year={'$(vYear)'}, Month#={"$1"}, YM= >} Measure1 + Mesure2)

/

(sum(TOTAL{$<Version={'$(=Only(Version))'}, OrigVersion={'ACTUAL'}, Year={'$(vYear)'}, Month#={"$1"}, YM= >} Measure3) + sum(TOTAL{$<Version={'$(=Only(Version))'}, Year={'$(vYear)'}, Month#={"$1"}, YM= >} Measure4))

01 for January, 02 for February

Values, like: 6,7 .... 8,9.... 10,5   ...sg in this range.

They return OK values in a text box.

E

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

They return single values?

So your rangesum would be rangesum(val1, val2) or they return a list of values?

kavicsgym
Creator
Creator
Author

Each of the 2 above expressions return 1-1 single value (e.g. 7,5 and 8,5) - and I want their avarage.

(((Rangesum is used only for this: if the denominator is zero, (sum of Measure 3+4) the Expressions returns null(). Rangesum turns it into a 0. But lets forget the rangesum, it is not relevant for my problem.)))

Thanks for looking into it, by the way

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

Do they return values with "," ?

karthiksrqv
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi,

Just a hunch, forgive me if am way off.

Instead of

sum(TOTAL{$<Version={'$(=Only(Version))'}, Year={'$(vYear)'}, Month#={"$1"}, YM= >} Measure1 + Mesure2)

(

sum(TOTAL{$<Version={'$(=Only(Version))'}, Year={'$(vYear)'}, Month#={"$1"}, YM= >} Measure1)

+

sum(TOTAL{$<Version={'$(=Only(Version))'}, Year={'$(vYear)'}, Month#={"$1"}, YM= >} Mesure2)

)

What if one of the measures has a Null value and is resulting in the Measure1+Measure2 becoming Null.

kavicsgym
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi, sorry I was hold up in a project...

Yes, they do.... so you probably refer to the fact that values have a comma in them, and at the same time tthe separator is a comma....

RangeSum(30,5 , 40,5) does not work but RangeSum('30,5' , '40,5') does calculate.

I just have to figure out who to pass my eExpressions 🙂