cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kavicsgym
Creator
Creator

RangeAvg with 2 variables not calculates

Hi, could anyone pls. help me out, I found a workaround but this would be nicer:

RangeAvg(20, 40)  is the definition or my variable in Qlik sense, it works

But with a nested expression it does not work, can anyone suggest pls why?

RangeAvg    

$(ePDCA_WSAuslief_Pkd_Total(01)), $(ePDCA_WSAuslief_Pkd_Total(02))

)

Those 2 expressions are complicated enough... how could I pass their value to RangeAvg?????

Thanks a lot! Enikö

12 Replies
Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

This should handle your problem

RangeAvg   

Replace('$(ePDCA_WSAuslief_Pkd_Total(01))',',','.'),

Replace('$(ePDCA_WSAuslief_Pkd_Total(02))',',','.')

)

Anyway, please add this formula as one expression of a straight table.

When you point your mouse to column header  you gonna see how your expressions is beeing evaluated

kavicsgym
Creator
Creator
Author

Hello Clever,

I am sorry for not replying earlier, but I did test your formula and played with it and it still does not work.

The following works inside the RangeAvg(   ) :

• Replace('2,1',    ',',   '.'),     Replace('4,1',    ',',   '.')      Result is 3.1 , ok
  • But it is also ok without the Replace     '2,1'   , '4,1'    Result is 3.1 , ok
  • 2,1   , 4,1                                                                     Works, but undesired result: 2
  • $(ePDCA_WSAuslief_Pkd_Total(01))                        displays the expressions correct result

But: RangeSum(

'$(ePDCA_WSAuslief_Pkd_Total(01))'

)

Does not work... Judging from the above, Replace is not necessary but the expressiön is not working inside the ' '

Enikö

kavicsgym
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi, thank you for your hunch. So it is a good point, but actually we hadle this: those Measures must be filled up (from Excel) so there is an error chart displaying missing values and the app owner has to clear the error charts before analysis can start.

But thanks for you hint! 🙂