Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vijay4b4
Contributor III
Contributor III

Rank function doubt

Can anyone pls explain me this code?

If(Aggr( num( Rank( Sum(flag A) + Count(Transactions), 4,1)), Market)=5,1)

This is used as a calculated dimension.

Labels (4)
6 Replies
G3S
Creator III
Creator III

firstly, the value of (Sum of flag A + count of transactions) is being ranked.

Ranking is by lowest rank on first row (and in case multiple rows of same value then incremented +1 for each row) (the 4 in the expression gets this done)& Lowest rank is shown on all rows (the 1 in the expression) (my understanding is that this is for aggr purposes). (see the screenshot for example )

G3S_1-1679296003657.png

(Both Astrida + Betacab have 12 as the lowest value. The way rank expression is used here in the 3rd column  applies 1 (the red underlined part)  in both lines. If a 3rd customer has 12 as well, then the last column would show as 1-3 )

Once the ranking is done, it is being aggregated at ‘Market’ level.

If the result of this aggregation is 5, value returned is 1, else null.

see for rank:
https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/February2023/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/ChartFunctions/Relat...

vijay4b4
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi, thankyou so much. Now this is used as a calculated dimension in our table but calculated dimensions should be avoided to report this table in nprinting. So i am trying to find an alternative way to produce this. Can you pls help me out? Can this be used as a the measure?

G3S
Creator III
Creator III

hi, yes this calculation is a measure. 

vijay4b4
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Previously, it(Rank) is used as a calculated dimension and restrict dimension limits to show only first 1 value.

If i now use the same Rank as a measure, how can i restrict to show only first value?

vijay4b4
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Im trying to replace the Rank (calculated dimension) with same Rank(as a measure) so that the table can be used in NPrinting. 

G3S
Creator III
Creator III

Have you tried using the rank expression in the script? that may work