Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Rare wrong matches with intervalmatch function

Hello dear community,

during my Qlik Sense developing the following problem occurs.

I have a table with transactions including discount and discount groups.

Discount,

DiscountGroup,

In another table I have for each discount groups several discount intervals with their borders:

Discount group     Discount interval     lower border     upper border

101                              RS1                        0                    55

101                              RS2                       56                   60

...                                   ...                          ...                    ...

I have already put a lot of effort to get there, but that is fine so far.

So now I have created an intervalmatch for slowly changing dimensions as described in the attachment, page 12 and following.

The matches are almost everytime perfect, such a few are not correctly matched, such as discounts of 61% or 71%.

I don't get what is wrong. My discounts are self calculated and multiplicated by 100 in order to avoid percentages.

A discount of e.g. 55,5% is displayed as 56% and correctly matched to the discount interval RS2.

My intervalmatch looks like:

TmpDiscountIntervalMatch:

Intervalmatch (Discount, DiscountGroup) Load distinct lowerBorder, upperBorder, DiscountGroup

Resident DiscountGroups;

I am looking forward to get some help.

Thank you in advance.

Martin

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

I solved the problem by myself. The mistake I made, was that I made wrong labeling for the open limits at the lower and upper interval for each discount group I had. Therefore my discounts were matched with multiple intervals.

In detail, the -infinity and +infinity were named with the same appreviations "00". I changed that for +infinity and now it worked out.

Over and out

Martin

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Not applicable
Author

I solved the problem by myself. The mistake I made, was that I made wrong labeling for the open limits at the lower and upper interval for each discount group I had. Therefore my discounts were matched with multiple intervals.

In detail, the -infinity and +infinity were named with the same appreviations "00". I changed that for +infinity and now it worked out.

Over and out

Martin