Qlik Community

New to Qlik Sense

Discussion board where members can get started with Qlik Sense.

Announcements
Qlik® Product Spotlight: Discover what’s possible. Get more from our products.
See for yourself. Register today.
Not applicable

Rare wrong matches with intervalmatch function

Hello dear community,

during my Qlik Sense developing the following problem occurs.

I have a table with transactions including discount and discount groups.

Discount,

DiscountGroup,

In another table I have for each discount groups several discount intervals with their borders:

Discount group     Discount interval     lower border     upper border

101                              RS1                        0                    55

101                              RS2                       56                   60

...                                   ...                          ...                    ...

I have already put a lot of effort to get there, but that is fine so far.

So now I have created an intervalmatch for slowly changing dimensions as described in the attachment, page 12 and following.

The matches are almost everytime perfect, such a few are not correctly matched, such as discounts of 61% or 71%.

I don't get what is wrong. My discounts are self calculated and multiplicated by 100 in order to avoid percentages.

A discount of e.g. 55,5% is displayed as 56% and correctly matched to the discount interval RS2.

My intervalmatch looks like:

TmpDiscountIntervalMatch:

Intervalmatch (Discount, DiscountGroup) Load distinct lowerBorder, upperBorder, DiscountGroup

Resident DiscountGroups;

I am looking forward to get some help.

Thank you in advance.

Martin

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

Re: Rare wrong matches with intervalmatch function

I solved the problem by myself. The mistake I made, was that I made wrong labeling for the open limits at the lower and upper interval for each discount group I had. Therefore my discounts were matched with multiple intervals.

In detail, the -infinity and +infinity were named with the same appreviations "00". I changed that for +infinity and now it worked out.

Over and out

Martin

1 Reply
Not applicable

Re: Rare wrong matches with intervalmatch function

I solved the problem by myself. The mistake I made, was that I made wrong labeling for the open limits at the lower and upper interval for each discount group I had. Therefore my discounts were matched with multiple intervals.

In detail, the -infinity and +infinity were named with the same appreviations "00". I changed that for +infinity and now it worked out.

Over and out

Martin