Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Re: Default Selection from Filter Pane when App is Opened

Hello Hannah, Michael,

I believe I'm meeting the same issue as Hannah.

In the previous version of Qlik Sense Desktop (2.x), saving a sheet with some selections made on filter panes, and then closing the app ( or even closing QS ) was causing the app to open again with the same selections on filter panes.

All my customers are using this helpful feature.

Now, since I upgraded to 3.0.2, it seems that this is no more possible, all my apps are opening with ' No selections applied'. This is really an issue, because most of the time the sheets are totally useless if no selection is done !

( i.e.: a report showing the level of stock of my raw material will sum up all the stock levels of the previous quarters... )

I can't ask my customers to perform 3 or 4 filter selections on the sheets before the figures become relevant.

How can I do that now ?

(current workaround is using Bookmarks, but it's not the same...)

Thank you by advance for your help

Chris

8 Replies
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Christophe - let me check.

etk‌ - Hi Elif - see above - has this feature / behavior been removed?

I just tested this - if I am in desktop and I am in analysis mode - I choose a value from the list box, I do not clear selections, I then go to edit mode and make a change to the app (resize a chart or something) I click Save. If I open that app again and got to analysis mode, it does NOT show the selection I previously chose. I believe we changed this behavior - and bookmarks are the suggested way to achieve this.

Elif when you get a chance can you please confirm?

Thanks

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

Hello Michael, Elif,

Any news/confirmation ?

Kr,

Christophe

shraddha_g
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

Hi

Please check default selection of a field when opening an app

Also Extension Qlik Branch which will help for the same.

Not applicable
Author

Sorry,

I'm afraid this does not answer my question.

This is talking about variables and extensions...

I just want to know if the following has been removed from QS since the 3.0 release:

- edit an app

- perform selections on some filters

- save the app and close it

- re-open the app

- filters selections have been saved, the customers don't need to perform them again

Hundreds of applications have been built holding using this possibility, I really need to know what happened.

Christophe

Not applicable
Author

I have also noticed this issue now that I have upgraded to Qlik Sense Desktop version 3.1. My default filter is no longer being saved and this was a feature we used on all our apps. Other than a bookmark or set analysis is there any other way to have a default filter applied so end users don't have to select the filters themselves?

Not applicable
Author

This is a change to correct a behavior in Qlik Sense Desktop that was different from Qlik Sense Enterprise where selection values are not saved.

Where there are difference in behaviors between Qlik Sense Desktop and Qlik Sense Enterprise, we are following the behavior of the main product.

jindrichjilek
Contributor
Contributor

Hi team,

I would like to express the same request as Christophe, This feature with "saved" selection was commonly used and now it is really missing. Would you please recommend how to solved this or is there any possibility to have this feature back?

Thank you

Jindrich

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I do the same with the qlik 3.1 update. All selections were lost.

I did the same procedure as before:

1- Making Selections

2- Edit some chart or table

3- Save

Then I close and re-open the app and I do not have the saved selections.