Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Re: Loading data from QVW

HI

Works perfectly well for the desktop version, but doesn't work on the server version. Any idea why?

regards,

Jonathan

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Ah - OK you are talking about using the Binary Load statement with the .qvw file, I thought you meant as a supported data file connection -  I see that now.

• Do you have the Folder Connection name created in that app named - DM_system as you are referencing in your LIB statement?

I just did this on my server and it works - my data connection name is: Data (mtarallo1234_mtarallo)

and therefore this statement works:

Binary 'LIB://Data (mtarallo1234_mtarallo)/sample.qvw'

11-12-2014 8-37-36 AM.png

11-12-2014 8-37-20 AM.png

let us know

Mike

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Jonathan,

Can you provide a bit more information, such as what is not working - the error or possibly a screen shot?

We can then better troubleshoot.

Regards,

Mike

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Check ODBC exists in server or connection strings (database username and password) and file paths are correct and valid in the server, hope this is the issue.

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Mike,

This is the error. serverloaderror1.jpg

But using the select folder option it does not allow qvw (while desktop does).

LoadDocumentPopoup.bmp

Any help is welcome.

Thanks,

Jonathan

Not applicable
Author

Hi Jagan,

Don't think I need ODBC to read in QVW files, do I? At least in desktop version I don't.

Regards,

Jonathan

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Jonathan,

.qvw is not a data file format - that is read with the Folder connector. A .qvw file can be used with Qlik Sense Desktop to be converted to a Qlik Sense App - .qvf file. It will take the .qvw and rename it to .backup and create a .qvf with the script and the data model only - the visualizations will not be converted.

Note these screen shot - using Qlik Sense Desktop 1 SR 1 (1.0.1) - even by selecting all files (as .qvw id not in the list) - the data load table viewer does not recognize the .qvw as a readable format.

Please check out these videos to see how to load data from a .qvw:

Let us know how you do.

Please mark the appropriate replies as helpful / correct so our team and other members know that your

question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Jonathan - please see my latest reply above.

Mike

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

Hi Mike,

You are talking about the desktop version. There I can load a QVW file without problem: SuccesfullLoadqvw.bmp

The question I have relates to the server version of QlikSense. There I get the error mentioned earlier and I fail to understand why.

Your videos links are helpfull (I was aware of those already) but do not solve my issue I believe. Creating a qvf file in the desktop version does not help me as I can't load in there (if I believe the list of file extensions), or do I miss something?

Thanks,

Jonathan

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Ah - OK you are talking about using the Binary Load statement with the .qvw file, I thought you meant as a supported data file connection -  I see that now.

• Do you have the Folder Connection name created in that app named - DM_system as you are referencing in your LIB statement?

I just did this on my server and it works - my data connection name is: Data (mtarallo1234_mtarallo)

and therefore this statement works:

Binary 'LIB://Data (mtarallo1234_mtarallo)/sample.qvw'

11-12-2014 8-37-36 AM.png

11-12-2014 8-37-20 AM.png

let us know

Mike

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

Yes!!! I'm stupid. Completly missed that on the server side.