Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
imtiaz_ullah
Creator
Creator

Re: Login Access without Windows AD

Hi Michael,

I've recently become a QS customer and stumbled upon this thread.

Due to our complex setup, we have some internally developed SQL databases which hold custom authentication based on our own user/password authentication.

Is there a way (easily) that QS could hook into this for both authentication and authorisation purposes or would we need to write some custom modules to handle this?

It would be great if QS could allow authentication to more than just Windows/AD - especially as not everyone uses AD authorisation everywhere.

I understand that QS ultimately does not want to be responsible for authentication and leaves this to the third party, e.g, AD, but having such functionality would be really useful.

The challenge I face is trying to continue using a SSO portal where we have already written our own authentication method and have  over 800 registered users

I appreciate your thoughts and comments on this.

Thanks

Imtiaz

1 Reply
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Imtiaz - you are correct - currently a module would have to be developed to use another authentication provider such as an RDBMS.

However you maybe be able to already use your current SSO by passing trusted information in the header.

You might want to take a look at these documents in our on-line help

Authentication:

http://help.qlik.com/sense/en-US/online/#../Subsystems/Server_deployment_and_configuration/Content/Q...

Authentication Solutions

http://help.qlik.com/sense/en-US/online/#../Subsystems/Server_deployment_and_configuration/Content/Q...

Let us know how you do.

If this information is not helpful, let me know and I can get in touch with out product team to get some suggestions that may help you.

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik