Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
praveen1108
Creator
Creator

Re: Passing Parameters in a URL and Document Chaining

Can we do this in Qliksense as well.

I am trying to Navigate from one dashboard to another dashboard and while navigating i would like to select a value from filter in one qliksense dashboard and selected value should be passed to another qliksense dashboard.

8 Replies
Josh_Good
Employee
Employee

Praveen,

I branched you question from this post regarding QlikView: Re: Passing Parameters in a URL and Document Chaining‌ and then move it to the Qlik Sense section.

It is not possible to pass a selection in the header in Qlik Sense however others may have approaches using the APIs or an extension.

-Josh

Qlik

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

ChristofSchwarz
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Until Sense 2.1 you may only use /single/ integration to pass selections (as indicated here https://help.qlik.com/sense/2.1/en-US/developer/?&_ga=1.178809764.1065905612.1436870222#../Subsystem...) . This method can open one object or one sheet, but won't open the full client as a such (meaning, you cannot go elsewhere outside that sheet nor go to edit mode). Bear with us a few weeks until version 2.2, there will be a possibility also in the Sense Client to receive selections via parameters in the URL.

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Praveen,

Document chaining is fully functional in QlikSense Yet.

Thanks,

Sangram.

vadimtsushko
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Take a look at this document (with sample application) Emulating document chaining in Qlik Sense

praveen1108
Creator
Creator
Author

Thats wonderful news but may i know the release date for 2.2.?

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Praveen,

I am not sure of the exact release date, but its not too far off.

Thanks,

Sangram