My team is doing POC where our objective is to get best fit solution to our requirement and our basic requirement is,
1. BI tool which is able to connect to our data sources i.e. elasticsearch and kafka.
2. It should be capable of real time data analysis (data should get refreshed with minimum latency i.e.< 1 min)
Kindly guide me through this if any/all of Qlik tool satisfy this requirement.
According to whatever information through which I have gone till now I have few queries as,
- there are two BI tools as Qlikview and Qlik Sense.
Basic architecture comprise of Qlikview Server, Qlikview Publisher, Qlikview Desktop for Qlikview whereas Qlik sense comprise of multi node structure with Repository service, Proxy service, scheduling services, engine service and qlik sense desktop for developing reports/dashboards. Is my understanding correct ? Does Qlik sense available on cloud comprise this whole set up on cloud ?
- I created free account on qlik sense cloud basic where data source connectors are not available and need to import files in specified format with no facility to schedule data refresh. But if we upgrade it to licensed version or monthly subscriptions (which are available as Qlik Sense cloud Plus, Qlik Sense Cloud Business and Qlik Sense Cloud Enterprise Edition) will I be able to connect to our data sources without having to create QVD (or other supporting files) on desktop version first and uploading to cloud version as well as auto refresh / schedule data load, etc..?
- from Qlikview version 11, continuous load/ refresh feature is available to be able to load data with minimum latency. how does this feature work ? is it going to support our real time data analysis requirement ? and is it available on Qlik Sense and Qlik Sense on cloud as well ?
It would be a great help if these queries get answered.
For qlik sense desktop you have to open the app and go into the Data Load Editor and click the Load Data button in order to refresh the data.
In the Qlik Sense full platform (server) and Qlik Sense Cloud Business, data refresh are done on a scheduled basis or as needed.
If you upgrade it to licensed version or monthly subscriptions you will be able to connect to your data sources without having to create QVD (or other supporting files) on desktop version first and uploading to cloud version as well as auto refresh / schedule data load.
For your reference go through the following link to create connection or data source in Qlik Sense cloud