cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Recover User Sheets

Hi all,

Few days ago we had a problem with an app in our hub and finally we made a backup using the "export" option and then we deleted it from our qmc and imported a previous version of the app. Now the app works fine.

In the app that we've removed some users created their own sheets and now, with the new one, they do not see them. We tried to search inside the App Object Menu but they are not there either.

Is there any option to recover the sheets form the backup file or from any backup? If not, what we have to do in the future to avoid this situation?

Our version is 3.0.0.0

Thank's in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Telmo,

I recentlly tried the Repository Snapshot Manager to restore one of my server that have some documents with users sheets that wasn't been published and I didn't lost them.

So, if you follow this steps you will be able to backup/restore the user sheets:

1. Go to the apps path in your server (C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Apps)
  2. Copy the file with the same id of your app
  3. Rename the file copied to whatever.qvf
  4. Go to QMC->Apps
  5. Import whatever.qvf

Now you will see all the sheets mixed as part of the document.

It will be good to know some feedback if worked for you!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

If you want community stories and sheets to remain you need to publish the new app by replacing the old one. When you delete and re-publish the app id changes and the community sheets are wiped. We ran into that issue too, we haven't found a way to restore them, but I would be interested to know if anyone has.

Capture14.PNG

tduarte
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Assuming that when an app is deleted, all its content is also deleted, how can we backup/restore the user's custom content?

Any update on this?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I don't believe this is possible but I am not overly familiar with the server side so someone else might have an idea.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Telmo,

I recentlly tried the Repository Snapshot Manager to restore one of my server that have some documents with users sheets that wasn't been published and I didn't lost them.

So, if you follow this steps you will be able to backup/restore the user sheets:

1. Go to the apps path in your server (C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Apps)
  2. Copy the file with the same id of your app
  3. Rename the file copied to whatever.qvf
  4. Go to QMC->Apps
  5. Import whatever.qvf

Now you will see all the sheets mixed as part of the document.

It will be good to know some feedback if worked for you!