cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cavetroll
Contributor III
Contributor III

Reduce Load Time

I'm working with Qlik Sense and when I use the data load editor it takes forever to get the QVD's loaded into the app I am developing. As I am learning and putting together data from the QVD's with groups and wheres ect... anyhow

Is there a way to leave the QVD's loaded and still run my change scripts through testings. I just want to drop the scripts I'm working on; it would be awesome not to have to reload all the data every time. This really slows down development in comparison to SQL integrations I have done in the past. 

-Cavetroll
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
cavetroll
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

A shout out to Anil_Babu_Samineni for the awesome information that is relative in the future. However, the benefit is less waiting as you debug a script. I load sections A B C D just fine and as long as I don't rearrange them, how come I have to reload A B C D when I am working on E. It's just takes forever. Especially when dealing with millions upon millions of records.

The only thing I could come up with for my situation is to load the first 1000 records 

LOAD FIRST 1000 instead of just LOAD 

this sped up the process to get to the new data scripts I was working on. 

-Cavetroll

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

May be look at here

https://www.analyticsvidhya.com/blog/2014/09/qlikview-incremental-load/

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
cavetroll
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Using that logic just putting a where clause at the end saying where 0=1 would not "reload" the app qvds. I think that logic is reserved for QVD generation and updating QVDs.

What I want to be able to do is say my first 3 sections of my load script are good so far and I don't need a refresh of the QVDs in there. I am currently working on the 4th section which does pull from QVD's already loaded. However I don't want to have to reload all 3 sections of QVD's every time I modify my current script 4 (via order) because 1 - 3 take about 2 minutes or so... 

I'm talking about QVD to memory time just takes too long in my eyes.

-Cavetroll
Anil_Babu_Samineni

In case the first three sections holding latest data? What is expected outcome If we stop forcibly for 3 QVD's

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
cavetroll
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I don't understand what you are asking me back. But I will try saying things a different way lol

My QVD's are already generated and update on what changes from a different app.

I want the loaded QVD's not to have to reload every time I click 'Load Data' 

because the next section of code I am working on is based off the QVD's but the QVD's do not change I don't like wasting time reloading them every time.

Is there a way to say keep what QVD's you already loaded and now only load just this code?

Think of it like powershell. I can store a bunch of data in memory and then access those items and work off them creating new items. I can clear out my new stuff and rework them as much as I want without having to reload everything again in powershell.

-Cavetroll
cavetroll
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

A shout out to Anil_Babu_Samineni for the awesome information that is relative in the future. However, the benefit is less waiting as you debug a script. I load sections A B C D just fine and as long as I don't rearrange them, how come I have to reload A B C D when I am working on E. It's just takes forever. Especially when dealing with millions upon millions of records.

The only thing I could come up with for my situation is to load the first 1000 records 

LOAD FIRST 1000 instead of just LOAD 

this sped up the process to get to the new data scripts I was working on. 

-Cavetroll
cavetroll
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

As I again learned some new tricks I wanted to point out to anyone else finding this thread that there is a debugger that essentially does this for you as well.

-Cavetroll