Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gitguto
Contributor III
Contributor III

Reference another field as dimension in set analysis

Hi everyone

I need to use the dimension displayed as a filter on the measure set analysis.

Material level_0 level_1 level_2 sales discount
Car CAR     15000 1000
Wheels CAR WHEELS   2000 0
Cabinet CAR CABINET   5000 500
Motor CAR MOTOR   8000 500
Valves CAR MOTOR VALVES 6000 0
Pipes CAR MOTOR PIPES 500 0
Paint CAR MOTOR PAINT 1500

I need to display a bar chart with a drill down of the levels as the dimension, and the (Sales - Discount) as the measure. The problem is that, when I have one level that repeat itself (motor in the example), the measure will sum all the rows in which motor appears in level_1, but I only need to sum where Material = Level_1 for example

Thanks in advance

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Nicole-Smith

Reading through this post may be helpful:
https://community.qlik.com/t5/QlikView-App-Dev/Set-Analysis-where-Field-A-Field-B-query/td-p/382621

From above, if your fields are all in same table in your data model, you can use set analysis as referenced in that post.  However, if your fields are in different tables, you may get weird results and may need to use an if statement inside of your sum instead.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Nicole-Smith

Reading through this post may be helpful:
https://community.qlik.com/t5/QlikView-App-Dev/Set-Analysis-where-Field-A-Field-B-query/td-p/382621

From above, if your fields are all in same table in your data model, you can use set analysis as referenced in that post.  However, if your fields are in different tables, you may get weird results and may need to use an if statement inside of your sum instead.

gitguto
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you Nicole, 

Reading through this post gave me the insight I needed. I'll share my solution if anyone runs into a similar problem in the future.

sum({$<Material = {"=Material=$(vLastLevel)"}>}Sales-Discount)

where vLastLevel is a variable I created using 

if(wildmatch('$(=GetCurrentSelections())', '*LEVEL_2*'),'LEVEL_2',
if(wildmatch('$(=GetCurrentSelections())', '*LEVEL_1*'),'LEVEL_2',
if(wildmatch('$(=GetCurrentSelections())', '*LEVEL_0*'),'LEVEL_1',

LEVEL_0))