Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Reference line in combo chart ?

Hi Everyone,

I started Qlik Sense a week ago and was preparing a Pareto Chart using the Combo Chart, I wanted to show a reference line at 80% but couldnt find an option to do so. Is a Reference Line only available in a Bar Chart and not in a Combo Chart ? Or is there a way around this ?

12 Replies
jyothish8807
Master II
Master II

Hi Muntazir,

Go to presentation tab in your graph and over there you will have Reference line box. Just add the value you want over there.

Regards

KC

Best Regards,
KC
Not applicable
Author

Hi Jyotish,

I guess you are referring to QlikView, i am asking about QlikSense. Below is the screenshot

Not applicable
Author

One workaround would be, adding the reference line values to the data model and using it as new measure on the chart.

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Muntazir

You are correct - the reference line option is not available in the combo chart, I am not sure if it will be added, but I will inform our PM group.

In the mean-time - you can possibly calculate a trend or reference line using Qlik expressions. Check out the sample and solution to this post: http://community.qlik.com/message/590193

Let us know how you do.

Please mark the appropriate replies as correct or helpful so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

Hello Michael-  Do you know if the Reference Line functionality made it into the pipeline for the next release?  This is a very useful feature.  I have a set of incident data that I am working to visualize on a combo chart.  It will have the date of the incident and the length of time it took to resolve.  Is there a way to add a solid horizontal line to the chart showing the Mean Time to Resolution (i.e. Average incident length) over all the date dimensions.  Your equation referenced above almost gets there but I don't want trending.

Thanks for the help!

wizardo
Creator III
Creator III

hi,

i know this post is very old, but seems my problem still isn't solved....?

The sample in the  link you mentioned was more about trend lines,

i am more interested in reference lines.

now, i know i can (and did) add another experssion as line and form it to be my value(f.e. 80%)

and that works fine.

the problem is that it is also effect by the color expression like the other measures.

so if i have different colors for ABC analysis, the 80% ref line needs to remain black.

so its a nice workaround.....but still would be nice to be able to have a place for a trend/reference line and sense will show it (ideally with a separated dynamic color expression

or....may be there is, and i just don't know about it

Thank you

Daniel Chotzen

Digvijay_Singh

I was just browsing the latest QS feb release and I still don't see reference line in combo chart.

Did you request for this feature to Qlik support. they only provide new features if no of requests are significant from its customers.

buffalome90210
Contributor III
Contributor III

again i find sense underwhelming.

qliksenseqlikview
Contributor
Contributor

it is 2019 and this is still not resolved, such a basic thing available on other BI platforms. wasting my time to research this