Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Reflect variable changes on multiple sheets in Qlik Sense

Hi everyone!

I'm new to this forum, so forgive me if  the terms I use are not all that correct...

I'm encountering some problems using the famous Calendar extension found on this site GitHub - EliasW/Calendar_DatePicker.

After setting it into two different sheets it seems impossible to have it modifying the same "From" and "To" variables, in order to have the changes made on the extesion in on sheet reflected on the second sheet. Instead it seems like all the changes I make are going into "different spaces" and I'm getting different sorts of error in the DevTools console, some of which refer to require.js (from which I should just stay far).

I've tried a lot of different approaches, but nothing seems to work. Should I attach the .js file? It has become quite messy...

Thanks in advance!

5 Replies
OmarBenSalem

I'd suggest to work with this extension instead :

Qlik Branch

Not applicable
Author

use this:

Qlik Branch

Not applicable
Author

Thanks guys! And sorry, I answered so late...

The extensions you suggested are really cool. I'm now trying to learn something from the way variables are updated in the second one, even if it seems very similar to what I did in my trials.

The problem I'm having also comes from an error reported in the console, during the execution time. It states "error from engine" and contains an error object in which the result "operation aborted" is written.

I don't know what's the cause, and I can't use the first suggested extension, because of style-related reasons.

Shall I post the code?

ErikWetterberg

Hi,

Operation aborted error is normal in this case. It just means engine aborted a calculation because something that affects it changed. The calculation will be restarted automatically.

Hope this helps

Erik Wetterberg

Qlik Sense consultant

Not applicable
Author

Ok, I didn't know that. So I shouldn't worry about that error message.

Would it be correct to assume that the operation is aborted while trying to update the variables (just before doing the actual value assignment)?

That's what it seems like, at least by looking at the results I get in the browser console.