Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Release QlikView License Key From Server and reuse it.

We are having QlikView 12. We want to release the License Key from the Server and re-use the License Key on a new Server with better configurations(with new QlikView 12). I am not sure how to do this, and dont want to mess anything. Can someone please help me on this.

/

/

The about Section shows the following

910XXXXXXXX60074

PRODUCTLEVEL;3;;2018-02-27

SPECIAL_EDITION;OEM;;

TIMELIMIT;VALUE;;2018-02-27

SPECIAL_EDITION;PARTNER_DEMONSTRATION;;

HZJX-????-AW??-P??D-???L

/

Can anyone explain what these actually mean. I am new in Qlik.

NOTE: I have purposely filled 'X' and '?' just to avoid showing important values.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Go to System > Licenses > QlikView Server > QlikView Server License and on the bottom right of the page click on "Clear License"

From that moment, that QlikView Server will stop working (in the status you will see "Off Duty" or "Unlicensed") so users will not be able to open any document even if the server is up and running.

Note that to license the new server you will need the serial number and the control number which you can find in the license agreement document that Qlik sent you when you purchased the licenses. You will need Internet access on the server to perform this operation, or a new LEF file from Qlik Sales or Qoncierge.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Go to System > Licenses > QlikView Server > QlikView Server License and on the bottom right of the page click on "Clear License"

From that moment, that QlikView Server will stop working (in the status you will see "Off Duty" or "Unlicensed") so users will not be able to open any document even if the server is up and running.

Note that to license the new server you will need the serial number and the control number which you can find in the license agreement document that Qlik sent you when you purchased the licenses. You will need Internet access on the server to perform this operation, or a new LEF file from Qlik Sales or Qoncierge.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you so much for your help.