Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jayavignesh
Contributor III
Contributor III

Reload getting stuck when "Creating search index"

I found an issue most of the times that the reload of a QS app get stuck while Creating search index during the final stage of task execution. Can someone help from technical perspective what could possibly causing the issue. After reading the "Qlik Help" I understand there will not be much impact other than user waiting time by disabling this variable(SET CreateSearchIndexOnReload=1) but really interested to deeply understand the issue. Thanks!!

5 Replies
shraddha_g
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

Experienced same thing.

I just disable Creating Search index and it worked perfectly.

If you have more number of fields and large amount of data in your data model then it takes time to create search index.

You can change SET CreateSearchIndexOnReload=0 in Script

Jayavignesh
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks Shraddha!

I hope there will not be any noticeable impact on user response time on disabling this parameter.

oknotsen
Master III
Master III

If your question is now answered, please flag the Correct Answer (via the big "Correct Answer" button near every post; not visible in preview) and Helpful Answers (found under the Actions menu under every post).

If not, please make clear what part of this topic you still need help with .

May you live in interesting times!
shraddha_g
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

It depends on your app size whether it will affect your Global Search. I haven't experience any impact though

agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

personally I prefer a task reload taking a longer time in background than say to end users to wait a little more searching on data for each web session.