Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Luis
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Reload script in QlikSense versus reload with a .qvs

Hi,

I have an script in QlikSense with some variables but I want to put it in a .qvs file so I could make some version control in github.

What I saw in the log after reload is that they are different. For example when I reload with the .qvs the log show that is transforming '¿?' into '¿?' and i would like to know why and if there is going to be any more diferences.

This is the script:

Set vL.Last13Months_Aux	=  ' ">= ¿?(vL.12_MonthsBefore) <= ¿?(vL.MaxYearMonth) " ' ;

LET vL.Last13Months	 			= Replace( vL.Last13Months_Aux , '¿?', '$' );

Log after run it normal:

Set vL.Last13Months_Aux	=  ' ">= ¿?(vL.12_MonthsBefore) <= ¿?(vL.MaxYearMonth) " '
LET vL.Last13Months	= Replace( vL.Last13Months_Aux , '¿?', '$' )
Log after reload with .qvs:

$(Must_Include='lib://Test\VariablesCalendario.qvs');

Set vL.Last13Months_Aux	=  ' ">= ¿?(vL.12_MonthsBefore) <= ¿?(vL.MaxYearMonth) " '
LET vL.Last13Months	= Replace( vL.Last13Months_Aux , '¿?', '$' )
Labels (4)
4 Replies
AdiPai
Creator II
Creator II

try to re-save the files this time manually specifying the .QVS part .. what code editor are you using?

Luis
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Hi,

Im using Visual Studio Code with the " Qlik for Visual Studio Code " extension.

VisualStudioCode.JPG

What I did was to copy init.qvs and then change the content and the name of the file.

I don´t know what you mean by "re-save the files this time manually specifying the .QVS part "

Thank you very much

AdiPai
Creator II
Creator II

Try this - Manually resave the file as a .QVS + when you save it .. change the type to manually reflect as .QVS

AdiPai_0-1587382794457.png

AdiPai_1-1587382859143.png

Luis
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Hi,

I dont have this one when saving from Visual Studio Code, just "qlik", "qlik-expressions" and "qvd". Maybe I need another extension?

Luis_1-1587383440496.png