cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Reloading more qvw files in Qlik Sense using EXECUTE command

Hi altogether,

Could you please help me how can I reaload more QVWs files in Qlik sense via script editor

I have tried bot ways with path to the QV as well as path to the QS exe file.

EXECUTE cmd.exe /C "lib:C:/Program Files/QlikView/Qv.exe" /r "lib://QVD Loaders/.../one.qvw";

EXECUTE cmd.exe /C "lib:C:/.../Qlik/Sense/QlikSense.exe" /r "lib://QVD Loaders/.../two.qvw";

There is Done statement in data load window during reloading, but no QVDs have been generated:

Started loading data

EXECUTE cmd.exe /C "lib:C:/..../Qlik/Sense/QlikSense.exe" /r "lib://QVD Loaders/.../two.qvw" Done

Important tags from Settings.ini file:

StandardReload=0

OverrideScriptSecurity=1

When I am trying to run this command in command promt or QlikView everything works fine

Thanks for any comments

BR,Ladislav

7 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Ladislav Čapó wrote:

There is Done statement in data load window during reloading, but no QVDs have been generated:

I am not sure what you meant. Are you expecting QVDs to be generated? Loading qvw in sense would only bring the data model (with data itself and script), nothing else.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Actualy  'one.qvw' and 'two.qvw' are applications which download the data and store into more qvd's. These qvd's i wanted to use in another Qlik Sense app. Question is if is possible to reload qvw files in Qlik Sense  before adding more data.

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi all,

This issue is solved. When calling command promt, there have to be absolute path to the all files listed in the script.

Thread can be closed.

Ladislav

Not applicable
Author

Can you share the script that work for you?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

For instance:

EXECUTE cmd.exe /C "C:\Program Files\QlikView\Qv.exe" /r "C:\Users\xxx\Documents\Qlik\Sense\Apps\xxxxx\one.qvw"

Ralf-Narfeldt
Employee
Employee

That's right. When you call EXECUTE the following statement is executed by Windows, which does not have knowledge of lib:// paths. You can use a lib: path to point out the executable like Execute lib://win\notepad.exe

but you can't use lib: path in any arguments of the executable.

Not applicable
Author

TY its Work