Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aniruddhyadutta
Creator
Creator

Reloading .qvw files based on action button in another document

Hi All,

I am trying to make work an app where a button click will help me to reload all the other .qvw based on  entries in an  excel list.

But some how I am getting 'failed to open document" error.Can anyone plz help me on this? I am attaching the excel I am using which has the list of qvw on my local.You can just update the file name and doc name while testing in your local in the excel entries.

Might be I am making some mistake while creating the entries in the excel?

6 Replies
OmarBenSalem

Can You try this in the script; change somethings in you other qvw files and see what happens?

If they trully reload?

QVDocuments:

LOAD FromDirectory,

QVDoc

FROM

(ooxml, embedded labels, table is Sheet1);

EXECUTE cmd.exe

"C:\Program Files\QlikView\qv.exe" /R  "\\FromDirectory\QVDoc";

let LastReload = now();

aniruddhyadutta
Creator
Creator
Author

Capture.PNG

Hi Omar,

Thanks for your reply.I am getting the above error. can it be a reason for format in which I am executing?

OmarBenSalem

Make sure you are allowing binary reloads i, Settings, Document Properties, Opening tab, uncheck "Prohibit Binary Load".

Make sure that the check "Admin Overrides Security" is also checked in the Document Properties, Security tab.

Hope that helps

aniruddhyadutta
Creator
Creator
Author

I have checked all the settings and they are as per you recommended.

I want to understand how you are getting "\\FromDirectory\QVDoc"; this information from the resident table?

is it like since there is only one table its doing a binary load? in that case how its going to the specific column in the excel through the batch command i.e "\\FromDirectory\QVDoc"; ?

tresesco
MVP
MVP

You are probably missing a back slash in path, try like:

Set Doc = App.OpenDoc(FromDirectoryLoc & "\" & myDocName  )

aniruddhyadutta
Creator
Creator
Author

worked like a charm!!! 

Thanks a ton Tresesco..